Latex Mask Repair?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hey experts, I have read through some of the threads on here about repairing rips, or rot in latex masks. My question is, once that's done won't the latex just continue to rot and begin tear in other spots?

I have these two original MMFX guys about 10 years and they are finally starting to tear on the nose bridge, ears. Thought about selling them to someone who could repair them, but would it be worth it?
Thanks,

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Mr Mold Maker

Master Member
Gravity is your enemy in this case. You’d want them foam filled to support the weight before you tried any repairs.

Unfortunately you can’t stop latex deterioration to my knowledge, however, I have been using a product called Aerospace 303 Protectant with good results. I spray it on the mask every few months and it keeps the latex feeling very smooth and supple. If you’re familiar with how ToTs masks feel, almost papery and very stiff? I applied this stuff to one and the latex felt like.. actual latex! If these are on the way out, certainly couldn’t hurt to try it.

Gravity is your enemy in this case. You’d want them foam filled to support the weight before you tried any repairs.

Unfortunately you can’t stop latex deterioration to my knowledge, however, I have been using a product called Aerospace 303 Protectant with good results. I spray it on the mask every few months and it keeps the latex feeling very smooth and supple. If you’re familiar with how ToTs masks feel, almost papery and very stiff? I applied this stuff to one and the latex felt like.. actual latex! If these are on the way out, certainly couldn’t hurt to try it.
That's really good information. Thank you so much. I will quickly decide if it's something worth dealing with or if I want to let someone else baby sit them lol. This is why I don't spend money on latex anymore and Yea...I know exactly what you mean about the TOTS latex. I've only had 2 of their masks but they didn't last long. I sold them pretty fast.