bradtdkrises

I'm new to painting latex and had a question. Can you use latex house paint as a base? Or should I just go with liquid latex mixed with paint?
Thank you!

I'd definitely just mix acrylic paint and latex. I've used it myself just fine. You can also use PAX which is acrylic paint mixed with pros-aide, seems to be industry standard.
I'd avoid using the house paint if only for the fact that you might not know exactly what it contains, and anything that contains oils will eat latex. Got to be really careful with natural rubber.

Ok..gotcha...thank you! It's just that im in a small southern town and only have a walmart to shop in...guess i'll just order liquid latex from amazon.. :)

Ok..gotcha...thank you! It's just that im in a small southern town and only have a walmart to shop in...guess i'll just order liquid latex from amazon.. :)

I know the feeling - I'm in an Aussie state capital but even so getting cheap latex is almost impossible! I get mine online too :p
See if you can get pros-aide for a decent price though, I keep hearing it's the best for painting latex when used to make PAX paint.

ok so what I used was latex, distilled water, and acrylic paint...I watched loads of video and read tons of forums and this formula seems to work for me. Plus, it's pretty cheap! lol and I can get it all within 50 mile radius...lol
but heres a picture...
1222152137.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back