latex help???????????????

Roydraven

Hey all I've hit a gigantic problem in my suit making one I've been using latex mold material to make my latex pieces with and it hasn't been coming out right
because I found out that I need really is the slip liquid latex to make the pieces well its hard to get here in australia I did find one company that sold it and I
got off them some monster makers latex
and used it to make these things a cod piece it came out like this
DSCF0363.jpg

then my P1 legs which came out looking like this????????
DSCF0361.jpg

and it got me thinking WHAT the stuff hasn't come out like the hands I got off a lair member here
DSCF0364.jpg

so does anyone know what the problem is I haven't got a clue could it be how I'm slush casting it or is it my material???????
any help would be appreciated thanks

I found out what I did wrong with the cod piece I left it in the sun to cure DOH
but I still have a question about the legs why do they look funnier then the hand I got from another member here
can you tell the difference between monster makers latex or mold latex???????

Ah, cooked it... bummer.

The differences in the Mold Builder latex I have and The Monster Makers mask latex is pretty big. The Mold Builder is thicker(hair gel thick) and intended for brushing on, it shrinks very little and seems to take forever to cure. The mask latex is thin and watery, cures fairly quick and shrinks about 6% in my experience.

As far as telling them apart, my Mold Builder latex cures a little translucent. I can say that when cured, I don't feel a difference in the material and have excellent parts made of it.

If your legs where done in Mold Builder, I'd say it isn't cured yet. If you didn't add any paint then the white means it isn't cured. Let them sit for a day and see if it clears up.

sweet thanks for the info anubis :D I have heard that you can thin latex out with distilled water
do you think I can do it for my mold latex for slush casting it???
and I have left those legs out for ages it has been a couple of months since I cast them???
so still unsure about the white???

Ah, cooked it... bummer.

The differences in the Mold Builder latex I have and The Monster Makers mask latex is pretty big. The Mold Builder is thicker(hair gel thick) and intended for brushing on, it shrinks very little and seems to take forever to cure. The mask latex is thin and watery, cures fairly quick and shrinks about 6% in my experience.

As far as telling them apart, my Mold Builder latex cures a little translucent. I can say that when cured, I don't feel a difference in the material and have excellent parts made of it.

If your legs where done in Mold Builder, I'd say it isn't cured yet. If you didn't add any paint then the white means it isn't cured. Let them sit for a day and see if it clears up.

sweet thanks for the info anubis :D I have heard that you can thin latex out with distilled water
do you think I can do it for my mold latex for slush casting it???
and I have left those legs out for ages it has been a couple of months since I cast them???
so still unsure about the white???
I've tried it and it's not the same as using a slip or mask latex but it does seem to work. I did it in small quantities and I wasn't too impressed.

I don't konw about the white then, push on it and see if its squishy. If it is then you know its a pocket of uncured latex. I've never heard of that. All my experience with it says you should be fully cured in 1-2 days max no matter how thick I layed it on. :D If it's cured maybe the latex was separating some how in the can and your seeing the inconsistancies.

yeah nah its not squishy I even cut into it to see if it was and it was hard as >.< so I have no idea either maybe when I cast it I didn't do it right
I'm going to have another go I soon but my molds are crap now so I need to make new chest and leg ones working on sculpting now :D
I've tried it and it's not the same as using a slip or mask latex but it does seem to work. I did it in small quantities and I wasn't too impressed.

I don't konw about the white then, push on it and see if its squishy. If it is then you know its a pocket of uncured latex. I've never heard of that. All my experience with it says you should be fully cured in 1-2 days max no matter how thick I layed it on. :D If it's cured maybe the latex was separating some how in the can and your seeing the inconsistancies.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back