Latex clay

Kinon

Sorry if this has been discussed, cant find anywhere. is there some sort of latex clay of sculpy kind of thing that I can build onto a mask with? im mod-ing a rubies and want to enhance it.... any suggestions would be appreciated... i also think im gonna have to find some resin teeth and tusks....

sculpy is the way to go,
youll need to sculpt the small parts you wanna add on,then bake them seperatly in the oven.let them cool over night and the parts will be pretty hard.you can then use 2 part epoxy to glue them onto the helmet,youll need a real good adhesive like epoxy to hold them on without fear of them coming off.
you can also rub a small coat of epoxy right onto the sculpy parts themselves to seal them.be sure to follow the instructions on the cooking time,over cooked parts can warp and burn.sculpy is great to work with cause if you make the part and dont like it,you can squish it into a ball and start over!LOL

if you are making large parts that need to be molded right onto the helmet itself,then check into the non-bake sculpy.cant recall the name of it but i know it exists.if your making small details like the horns on the rim of the wolf bio then regular sculpy is great.
hope that helps

I think he's looking for something that can be added to a mask, not a bio. I've never heard of a latex product that is shapeable like you're asking, although that isn't to say it doesn't exist.

what exactly do you want to modify? if you are looking to add scars, that can be done with latex and cotton/toilet paper/tissue paper etc. give us an example of what you want to do.

Is this something you want to sculpt directly onto a suit without having to post process? You might want to look at AVES epoxy putty.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back