Latex care questions

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TK-J

Hey guys,
I'm about to put my fist Pred together, and have a latex skin on the way. Are there any special pecautions or treatments needed to prolong the life of the skin? Is there anything that I should NOT use on latex? What sort of lifespan can I expect out of my skin anyway?

My other question relates to coating my latex armor. I would like to coat it with something either before or after painting to harden it up a little to give it a more rigid armored look and feel. Has anyone done this, is it practical? What have you used if you have done this?

Many Thanks

J

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

detale78

Cannot help you on the care of the skin. But using 2 parts clear epoxy resin brushed on and aloud to dry over right will harden the piece significantly. The more layers the harder it becomes. I used this on my P2 armor and it caused no damage what so ever. It also makes the armor super super glossy but can be dulled. I would highly recommend the epoxy resin. Home Depot carries it in their paint section. Its use is to coat garage floors to give it that showroom finish but works wonders elsewhere such as giving the eyes and mouth a wet look. Use thin layer since this stuff hardens and can be very difficult to remove. If you decide to go this route dont rush the process. Let me know if you have any further issues or questions.

Hey guys,
I'm about to put my fist Pred together, and have a latex skin on the way. Are there any special pecautions or treatments needed to prolong the life of the skin? Is there anything that I should NOT use on latex? What sort of lifespan can I expect out of my skin anyway?

My other question relates to coating my latex armor. I would like to coat it with something either before or after painting to harden it up a little to give it a more rigid armored look and feel. Has anyone done this, is it practical? What have you used if you have done this?

Many Thanks

J