Latest Projects: Kylo Ren Lightsaber (Concept) and Helmet Stand

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So while I was in between commissions and work on my own costume projects I wanted to do some prop building. It's been almost ten years since I built a lightsaber from hardware store parts or just building a lightsaber prop in general. I also built a helmet stand for my Blast Shield Helmet which I will be tackling soon.

The saber is made from chrome sink tube, PVC plumbing tube, random parts I had left over from other projects and model kit parts. It's the first time I've done true kit bashing and I'm so happy with the results. It's obviously inspired by the Kylo Ren concept art from TFA and while I may not like the ST, I love the production design. The saber is a stunt so no sound but it does feature a CREE Red LED with driver so it has full light effects. It has fade on and off and a flickering effect. While it does feature a clash/ flash effect, it's hard to trip the sensor. It takes 4 AA batteries and while you could duel with it, it's not the most comfortable to hold so I didn't bother putting a set screw in for the blade and it's more of a display piece.

The helmet stand was a fun quick project and eagle eyed fans may recognize the stalks on the stand from their childhood (although these were left over from when I sold the Vibro Axe Kits).

I hope you all enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the build process on these!

Psab
DSCN4649.JPG
DSCN4650.JPG
DSCN4651.JPG
DSCN4652.JPG
DSCN4653.JPG
DSCN4654.JPG
DSCN4655.JPG
DSCN4656.JPG
DSCN4657.JPG
DSCN4673.JPG
DSCN4672.JPG
DSCN4671.JPG
DSCN4669.JPG
DSCN4669.JPG
DSCN4668.JPG
DSCN4654.JPG
DSCN4654.JPG
DSCN4653.JPG
DSCN4652.JPG
DSCN4667.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back