Latest Project. Prince Nuada, HellBoy II

Darth Mule

Sr Member
I was recently contacted by another member here to commission a costume and it was coming along so nicely that I thought I would share. I'll let that member remain nameless unless he wants to jump in and identify himself.

Also, I haven't posted anything in awhile other than my Ahsoka headpiece over in the junkyard so I thought it was high time I did. Especially since, now that I've cleared the hurdles of the mundane, such as searching for fabrics and building armor templates, I'm really excited about this project.

There are more pics to come, but here's the first teaser. Any guesses?

4515983323_c94d54dee9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Latest Project. Teaser

Prince Zuko would be the closer guess as it at least has the correct title.

Can I be more cryptic? Muahahahaha

I already guessed this in your other thread a while ago when you were trying to figure out that pleating thing. This is still probably a Prince Nuada costume. It looks like his black outfit. I want a prize this time dammit!!!! :lol

Ding ding ding! Though you did have an inside track.

I don't remember offering a prize, but ok.. Here's your prize. The first look at the 99% complete costume.

4516022663_777a76df8b.jpg

There should definately have been a prize...and that pic doesn't count as one. Oh well.

It does look really really good though. :)

Very cool costume! What is the chest plate made of?

Leather! Molded over a relief template, then draped to dry over an old Duct tape dummy I had laying around.

Here's the newer better pics. Should have brought my real camera to take these, but I forgot. Luckily my Droid has a pretty good 5mp camera. Taking different views this time.

4521038273_fbc31fe3df.jpg
4521038347_b814239df6.jpg

4521038457_86dbe8b4e1.jpg

Last edited:
Whoever commissioned that is an idiot! ;) Not many costume get me giddy anymore, but this one makes me smile everytime, awesome work Chris

When I saw this, It seriously got my blood pumping. This is great work, and i can't wait to see the rest! Will you be doing the crazyass spear?

I know I've already told you, but I will tell you again: Fab-u-lous Job! I'm excited to work in leather with you....Man, that kinda came out wrong...:cool

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back