Done / Completed DONE

That grail knight sword is just incredible. It's one of the eye-catching pieces in my collection. A must-have for eacht Indy fan. Never seen another replica of this prop, actually...

Let me add another glowing review of the Knights sword. It is absolutely a work of art. The detail is nothing short of... I don't know. Perfection? If you ever wanted the best and possibly only sword ever made, this is the one!

Does the monkey head cup include the monkey head or only the cup itself?

I couldn't remember if the head itself was a kit sold separately by someone in the past.

I'm tempted by the grail sword (who wouldn't be) as I mull my decision over, can I ask what the blade is made of and some details of the tang? I understand the handle is plated but plated on what? I'm just trying to work out if it's usable or a 'wall hanger' (I hate that phrase)

thanks for for the info, and is the dagger made using the same process?

I'm tempted by the grail sword (who wouldn't be) as I mull my decision over, can I ask what the blade is made of and some details of the tang? I understand the handle is plated but plated on what? I'm just trying to work out if it's usable or a 'wall hanger' (I hate that phrase)

thanks for for the info, and is the dagger made using the same process?

Sword and Dagger are made of same materials. Handle is made in zinc 24kt gold plated, and blade is in steel

So I'm presuming the handle is cast, preened onto the tang and the blade is stainless or mild but polished? I'm not trying to be rude so please don't think I am, I do fight with swords and just wanted to be sure what the swords made of. You make beautiful stuff, I've seen it frequently and I'd love to, and will I'm sure buy something one day if not this. If it's usable, I would deffo stretch to it, if it's not, I may consider only because right now I'm thinking about commissioning something from a blacksmith in the uk and I can't get both (funds and all that). Thank you for the answers, you make amazing stuff.........

So I'm presuming the handle is cast, preened onto the tang and the blade is stainless or mild but polished? I'm not trying to be rude so please don't think I am, I do fight with swords and just wanted to be sure what the swords made of. You make beautiful stuff, I've seen it frequently and I'd love to, and will I'm sure buy something one day if not this. If it's usable, I would deffo stretch to it, if it's not, I may consider only because right now I'm thinking about commissioning something from a blacksmith in the uk and I can't get both (funds and all that). Thank you for the answers, you make amazing stuff.........

Thanks for your words :)
Regarding blade it is in real steel, but I don't think it could be use for a battle :/
What you want to do with it? The gladiator? :D

Are you not entertained???? Naw, me and a friend learnt to sword fight properly years ago in a reenactment society back before health and safety meant you can only fight a choreographed fight. We get together and knock blades in the back garden frequently to keep fit more than anything ( it's more fun than jogging for sure) still it keeps the neighbours amused........ But despite our early learning lack of safety skills, there's some blades you can clash and some it's really best not. I'm attached to my limbs and plan to stay that way. Thanks for the honesty, I'm still contemplating it because it's a lovely sword so I may still go for it.

Holy crap, these are amazing! I'm over in the Star Wars section primarily, and just bumped into this in the JY runs section. AMAZING work!

Here is a picture of my sword (scabbard was included, plaque is made by another member):

GrailSword01.jpg

The handle was a bit too shiny to my taste, so I gave it a quick wash with gold + black acrylic paint. I was quite happy with the result:

GrailSword02.jpg

Didn't had time to hang the plaque and sword to a wall in my new home. The plaque was a piece of art on its own and was made by indianaandrews especially for this sword. This was back in 2011 when Seradnab did the first run of these (Yeah, I keep the history of my props in an Excel file ;-).

GrailSword03.jpg

Here is a picture of my sword (scabbard was included, plaque is made by another member):

View attachment 482120

The handle was a bit too shiny to my taste, so I gave it a quick wash with gold + black acrylic paint. I was quite happy with the result:

View attachment 482121

Didn't had time to hang the plaque and sword to a wall in my new home. The plaque was a piece of art on its own and was made by indianaandrews especially for this sword. This was back in 2011 when Seradnab did the first run of these (Yeah, I keep the history of my props in an Excel file ;-).

View attachment 482122

I am curious to see the excel file eheheh!
Very nice pics :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back