1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Done / Completed Last Pieces of my Indiana Jones Props - Small Run - 5 piece each prop!

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Sarednab, May 23, 2015.

1. Sarednab

Sarednab Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

COMPLETED

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That grail knight sword is just incredible. It's one of the eye-catching pieces in my collection. A must-have for eacht Indy fan. Never seen another replica of this prop, actually...

Sarednab likes this.
  3. RobI

RobI Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Let me add another glowing review of the Knights sword. It is absolutely a work of art. The detail is nothing short of... I don't know. Perfection? If you ever wanted the best and possibly only sword ever made, this is the one!

4. boochydog

boochydog Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

these all look quite sweet! considering... :)

5. Refjim8

Refjim8 Jr Member

One of the Grail Knight Sword please....thanks.

6. boochydog

ok, put me down for the grail sword. thanks!

7. TomVDJ

Good choice, guys. This sword is a must-have...

boochydog likes this.
  8. Luke0312

Luke0312 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does the monkey head cup include the monkey head or only the cup itself?

I couldn't remember if the head itself was a kit sold separately by someone in the past.

9. Sarednab

It include only the cup

10. Sarednab

The first paid sword was shipped today :)

11. Darthgarth

Darthgarth Well-Known Member

I'm tempted by the grail sword (who wouldn't be) as I mull my decision over, can I ask what the blade is made of and some details of the tang? I understand the handle is plated but plated on what? I'm just trying to work out if it's usable or a 'wall hanger' (I hate that phrase)

thanks for for the info, and is the dagger made using the same process?

12. Sarednab

Sword and Dagger are made of same materials. Handle is made in zinc 24kt gold plated, and blade is in steel

13. Darthgarth

So I'm presuming the handle is cast, preened onto the tang and the blade is stainless or mild but polished? I'm not trying to be rude so please don't think I am, I do fight with swords and just wanted to be sure what the swords made of. You make beautiful stuff, I've seen it frequently and I'd love to, and will I'm sure buy something one day if not this. If it's usable, I would deffo stretch to it, if it's not, I may consider only because right now I'm thinking about commissioning something from a blacksmith in the uk and I can't get both (funds and all that). Thank you for the answers, you make amazing stuff.........

14. Sarednab

Thanks for your words :)
    Regarding blade it is in real steel, but I don't think it could be use for a battle :/
    What you want to do with it? The gladiator? :D

15. Darthgarth

Are you not entertained???? Naw, me and a friend learnt to sword fight properly years ago in a reenactment society back before health and safety meant you can only fight a choreographed fight. We get together and knock blades in the back garden frequently to keep fit more than anything ( it's more fun than jogging for sure) still it keeps the neighbours amused........ But despite our early learning lack of safety skills, there's some blades you can clash and some it's really best not. I'm attached to my limbs and plan to stay that way. Thanks for the honesty, I'm still contemplating it because it's a lovely sword so I may still go for it.

16. Sarednab

Eheheh, we are just joking mate :)
    BTW, I'm here if you need something :)

boochydog likes this.
  17. boochydog

i will pay for the sword by wednesday. :)

18. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Holy crap, these are amazing! I'm over in the Star Wars section primarily, and just bumped into this in the JY runs section. AMAZING work!

19. TomVDJ

Here is a picture of my sword (scabbard was included, plaque is made by another member):

GrailSword01.jpg

The handle was a bit too shiny to my taste, so I gave it a quick wash with gold + black acrylic paint. I was quite happy with the result:

GrailSword02.jpg

Didn't had time to hang the plaque and sword to a wall in my new home. The plaque was a piece of art on its own and was made by indianaandrews especially for this sword. This was back in 2011 when Seradnab did the first run of these (Yeah, I keep the history of my props in an Excel file ;-).

GrailSword03.jpg

Raiders March likes this.
  20. Sarednab

I am curious to see the excel file eheheh!
    Very nice pics :)

21. Hotsam

Hotsam Well-Known Member

Sound like you got yourself covered in the event of having to sell your collection. I also keep data on props I buy, but instead on a series of Word documents. ;)

22. TomVDJ

Héhé, Yeah, I keep these data of all my props: creator, person I bought it from, date of payment + price I paid and place I bought it (mostly RPF, but also eBay, COW, cons, online stores, etc...). At this moment there are over 300 lines in that spreadsheet. Quite some lines for props from you (5% of all my props come from you, I guess):

• Story Grail Diary
    • Grail Knight Sword
    • Book of Secrets
    • Lao Che Coin Bags
    • False Grail
    • Booth Diary
    • BTTF Challenges
    • Hook
    • Voodoo Doll
    • Booth KGC Pin
    • Grail Manuscript
    • Cross of Coronado
    • Staff of Ra Headpieces
    • Nurhachi Urn
    • Whiskey Bottle
    Only Rylo does better (I own 16 props of him). Total amount spent on props (all props, not only yours ;) ) at this moment: over 32K euro's... :wacko

Anyway, back to your sales thread. Good luck with it! I'm sure these props will be gone soon... Especially the swords...

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Hotsam likes this.
  23. Sarednab

That's really funny to know!!!
    You are a very nice buyer! :)

boochydog likes this.
  24. Raiders March

Raiders March Active Member

Alright sarednab, i'll bite....... One grail knight sword please. PM me with the details when you can. Thanks mate :)

25. Raiders March

Payment sent :)

26. ataru72ita

ataru72ita Well-Known Member

The sword the dagger and the cup arrived with teleporting abilities!

Top notch seller!!!!

Regards,

Alberto

Sarednab likes this.
  27. Sarednab

Hi guys!
    If you received your sword/dagger/cup and if you are satisfed, could you give me a feedback with new rpf feedback system?

ataru72ita likes this.
  28. Raiders March

Received the sword today. Very nice quality to this prop for the most part. Now i will need to allocate some time for making a plaque/hanger that does it justice. Thanks Sarednab, feedback to follow shortly. Looking foward to your next prop from ToD soon to be heading my way :cheers

29. Raiders March

Heres the plaque i've done to compliment the grail knight's sword. The idea i went with was the three trials to obtain the holy grail on a sir richards shield paint scheme.
    Now my indy stuff is spreading to the walls!! :wacko 20150707_132749.jpg 20150707_133051.jpg 20150708_160024.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015