Limited Run LAST KITS FOR A WHILE- taking a break.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,

I'm about to close and finish the hardest project I've ever done here- the Blade Runner 2049 Eye Scanner. Once it's done, I'm going to try to force myself to take a break from making new props, runs, kits or whatever. I'll still be visiting the RPF (of course) but I need to focus on other, long-neglected projects and rest my brain. That means I might not be able to print kits if anyone needs one later, because some consumables in the professional printer I use have a shelf life (and a big startup cost to replace), which means that once I exhaust the supply I'm about to order, I won't be able to do "one off" prints easily. (Only if I'm actively printing something for the neglected projects I'm finishing, or for my motion-control cinematography short film, is there a chance I'll be able to print something fairly quickly.)

SO, if you've been holding off on getting any of my kits for a while, now is a good time if you want to be certain to get one in a relatively timely manner.

Here's a list of most of the props I've done over the years:

1611966852178.png

Costs and materials:
I usually print blaster-sized props in engineering-grade resin (really expensive stuff, more durable that what most 'home printers use') on professional equipment. Larger items like helmets, rifle conversion kits, are usually done on a finely tuned PLA machine at low speeds and MAX 100 microns (most print at 200, whcih is half the resolution).

Count on a typical blaster (Oblivion, K Blaster, Batman Speargun) in resin or something around that size costing between $350-450. A PLA Star Lord helmet or blaster pair, around $450. Something HUGE like Vera, which takes MONTHS to print, would be 1500-ish. Something small/simple like a Dredd grenade of 1911 conversion kit might be 100-200. Those are general guidelines, so if you need an EXACT cost please ask below and I'll reply. (Just please use the guidelines first to see if it's in your ballpark, because for some of these kits, especially the older ones, I have to do a lot of checking and calculations to get an exact number.

I'll leave this thread up until I start getting into the BR run, and collect a list of what folks want, then I'll shut it down.

If you want a kit, please send me a PM. (And if you've seen me do something I forgot to list... just ask about it.)

For some photos, either search my name on the forum, check my signature link (look in the photo galleries and timeline) or ask. (In some rare cases I might not have photos of a final prop or kit... depends on how old/rare they are!)

Here are a few finished examples to get started:
1611964186899.png

1611966098497.png

1611964202469.png

1611966053124.png
image3.jpeg

image5.jpeg

1611966350266.png

1611966060494.png

1611966066875.png

1611966318521.png

1611966331539.png

side_03.jpg

close_02.jpg

Leon001.jpg

image1b.jpg

mapgun.jpeg

OblivRifl.jpg

Poe.jpg

eg2.jpg

SpaceSuitVol2_Groot.jpg

jaynestown6.jpg

niska_spider.png

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

evoskater

just saw this now.. I got your message (boot rockets - starlord) thought I would have more time to save money..
So whats the "last chance" until you are on the break? I try my best to hurry up for this T.T