Limited Run Last crusade genuine pottery grail.

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello,
After finding the way to do it, I am offering a run of genuine sigillée pottery last crusade grails.
It will be a 20 pieces run, the final price to be 110€ including worlwide shipping.
The potter I am working with makes roman sigilee as a daily work, for museums, antique replicas and for customers too.
The grails will be hand made by the potter , and gold foil plated ad weathered by my care.
I will try to make a prototype on February.
If all is ok with the design and details, it will be possible to take orders, with 25% deposit.
Once all the pieces will be finished, I will ask for complete payment and ship the grails.

49037610.jpg

Last edited:
P1010101_zps5735bd90.jpg~original.jpegcotes graal  A4.png150551.jpg

I will base my drawings from the pattern of the "propstore" unfinished prop, but without the mold seams.
Their pictures are really interestig to see how to proceed by throwing, some areas are static, some are dynamic (I mean, the thumb on the fresh clay)
About the pattern, I will try to take reference from what I will find about original prop, I think I will do the gold plating using gold foil, I was thinking about powder too, but I think the gold foil will bring a more realistic gold finish.

Yesterday I did some drilling on exhibition furnitures of our archeological club, to install leds inside, and I took a look at antique sigillée and red clay finish, it would be awesome if we can get same finish!

I would have opinion about the gold finish, do you think it would be better with foil, or powder?
Looks more like foil for me.
This version coud be the weathered version, and I ca try a new version, with better condition on external gold and no cream-white material on it.

49037610.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Last crusade genuine pottery grail. (edit 02-08)

Indeed looks foil, maybe some of the experts here can shed some light on this ?

Here is a first view of the prototype, just crude clay for the moment, no coating, no firing, even the foot is still plain.
I made request to keep the visible turning orientation, based from the unfinished cast original from propstore, where the rough shape and lines are clearly visible.
IMG_0182.jpg

Please don't worry about the "small" foot, the picture was taken with a phone, and the lens never give the real proportions...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back