LASERBLAST

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anybody remember this gem of a movie? Total drive-in level movie trying to cash in on the success of Star Wars, but it left an impression on me. This is a resin recast (doh!) of the Billiken alien that sat on David Allen's desk. I also have a piece of the spaceship interior. High-tech, backlit graphics on paper. Hehe. Someday, I plan on rebuilding this console for a proper display.
lazer01z.jpg

lazer02z.jpg

lazer03z.jpg

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this movie the other day. Was wondering if anyone had/made the Blaster itself?
Haven't seen it in so long, I remember a scene where he blasts a billboard with Star Wars on it. Or am I imagining that part.

One of my first sci-fi movie memories... I think I was 10 and thought it was DA BOMB. I distinctly remember wanting that blaster more than anything in the whole wide world. :D

Of course Star Wars came out the next year, and, well... :p

- Gabe

Definitely one of the first props I ever tried to build. The arm cannon as a child was one of the coolest things ever. Huge fan of the movie, thanks for letting me remember.. ;)

Ha. Very cool.

Laserblast is one of my all time favourtie b-movies, and by far my all time favourite MST experiment. So going to have to watch this again on the weekend.

Cheers.
TJ

OMG. That's the name of that movie? I saw that at my grandparents one saturday afternoon way back when. I remember running around with a cardboard tube on my arm for days afterwards. Man, thanks for sharing...cool stuff.

And for those of you wondering who David Allen is, go here.

He "contributed stop-motion animation sequences to more feature films than anyone else in the history of the cinema."

Originally posted by Zaphod@Mar 1 2006, 06:48 AM
Hurray.  They've got it at Netflix.com .  Just put it on the top of my queue.
[snapback]1196365[/snapback]​

Me too.
that's so funny.
also, did you guys remember at the end where Dude blows up a Star Wars billboard?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back