Laser Wiring Help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

leatherneck

Hey guys, I know this has been beat to death but I need some help with this one. I have searched the lair for more information on these laser units and can't find anything that helps me figure out how to wire these up to use in a bio. These are cheap $2.00 laser pointers that operate off of three button cell batteries. I have attached a couple of pics hoping that one of our electronics experts here can tell me where I need to solder in my positive and negative leads.

Here are the pics:

Laser1.jpg.gif

Laser2.jpg.gif

Laser1.jpg.gif

Laser2.jpg.gif

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

biohunter76

Those operate on 4.5V so 3 AAAs should work fine. Wire all the Positives together and all the negatives together. Here is a pic to help you out.

Laser2.jpg

leatherneck

Thanks Casey. I am going to give it a shot. I may have to get at least one new one as I think I burned it out.

biohunter76

No problem. That's the trouble with those though, they don't last very long. It's better to use industrial ones.