LASER POINTERS ,....or LED ??

Philby

was wondering .......
seems like everybody goes with LED 's for the tri-laser on the bio ,.....

anybody ever tried laser pointers ???
figured it might not be easy to rig all 3 together let alone break them apart,.....

any ideas ???........advice ????

Philby

you can buy small laser modules fairly cheap on ebay, is what I did. It's kick-ass, and relatively easy to assemble. Expect your pals to go apeshit when they see that... ;-)

There are a couple of threads floating around about how to best align them so they produce the famous triangle over bigger distances as well and all. The search funtion is your friends.

you can buy small laser modules fairly cheap on ebay, is what I did. It's kick-ass, and relatively easy to assemble. Expect your pals to go apeshit when they see that... ;-)

There are a couple of threads floating around about how to best align them so they produce the famous triangle over bigger distances as well and all. The search funtion is your friends.

right on ,....yea i know i forget about the search option,.....i got no time to search ,..ha ha ha
well yea i'll try the laser pointer deal,.......seems more believable,.....
i know led's are brighter but,.........

whatever works,.....

LED's are a safer alternative, but when you get those Lasers going & if you have a room with just a little bit of smoke & that beam shows up, People freak out big time. Just becareful if you're going to Cons with lasers especially around younger folks.

LED's are a safer alternative, but when you get those Lasers going & if you have a room with just a little bit of smoke & that beam shows up, People freak out big time. Just becareful if you're going to Cons with lasers especially around younger folks.

yea true,......that's what i was thinking,.....
won't be able to wear it yet as i haven't even gotten my bio yet ,.....
plus most convos i have to work at so ,.....
someone else might be in the suit once it's made,.....

i only really go to either tattoo related convos or upcoming alien / predator gatherings,.....

i'd feel tooly if i showed up at a transformer themed con ,.....
but dressed as a pred,........

u think i should run the button to a gauntlet ???

was wondering

As far as I've seen most buttons are usually on the back of the Bios themselves. If you were good at wiring & electronics, you probably could run something like a Momentary switch to your gaunt that would stay on until you pressed it again.

As for cons - trust me. I've seen folks on here go to Anime cons, Dragon Con & beyond and every time I see posts or talk to the members Preds do very very well. Estelle was telling me the other day that Elkman's suit almost got torn up at Dragon Con so trust me, regardless of what con you go to, your pred suit will make a huge impression.

As far as I've seen most buttons are usually on the back of the Bios themselves. If you were good at wiring & electronics, you probably could run something like a Momentary switch to your gaunt that would stay on until you pressed it again.

As for cons - trust me. I've seen folks on here go to Anime cons, Dragon Con & beyond and every time I see posts or talk to the members Preds do very very well. Estelle was telling me the other day that Elkman's suit almost got torn up at Dragon Con so trust me, regardless of what con you go to, your pred suit will make a huge impression.

true,.......guess i haven't seen many because i know of noone else on here in indiana
hence more than likely noone has a pred suit here,
guess it's time for me to change that though hopefully,.....
february i'll start gathering alot of the things i can't make,....
but i'm gonna at least try a half mask first just to learn on ,......then try to do a full,........

i got more reading to do before i do anything,....
i hate to waste supplies,....ha ha ha

and yea i'll look into the momentary switch idea,....
sounds do-able,.......

Hey Philby. I'm in Indiana too. Not that I have a suit done, or started, but I'll get there.

My advise, not mounting a laser pointer on your head anywhere you're going to be in contact with random people. It's one thing if you're photographing or filming on a controlled set; but having an active laser that points where you look takes only a momentary lapse of concentration or judgment to cause significant damage to someone's eyes.

Hey Philby. I'm in Indiana too. Not that I have a suit done, or started, but I'll get there.

My advise, not mounting a laser pointer on your head anywhere you're going to be in contact with random people. It's one thing if you're photographing or filming on a controlled set; but having an active laser that points where you look takes only a momentary lapse of concentration or judgment to cause significant damage to someone's eyes.

oh no i didn't plan on just having it on all the time,......
i'd like to be able to control it well,......
like maybe only use it toward a wall or open space,.....
or if nothing else aim it low that way it will never be aimed right at peoples faces,.....

but yea at the same time,.....going for realism shouldn't mean being uncautious,.....
so yea maybe i'll do lasers in a bio that sits on a shelf,.....and use led for the wearable,....

darth-------right on ,.....i'll hit em up and see what we can do,.......good lookin out buddy *cheers*

glad ya guys made me think of that ,.....because i kinda didn't,....ha ha ha

We only use led's for the Tri laser!!!
With lasers it is easy to build !! But don't use a laser with more as 1 mw !! More as 1 mw is very dangerous for the eyes!!
u need only the battery- cable- lasers and finish!!
best regards

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back