laser LED question

vgfett

I found out today that Walgreens has a 3-pack of LED lights that you can stick anywhere, and one of the ones displayed has a 3-light LED shaped in a triangle pattern.

I thought if I could find a way to rework the assembly, I could use it for my P1 bio helmet that I'm trying to get ready for Saturday.

Has anyone else used one of these by chance to make their bio laser? Obviously the LEDs will either need to be replaced with red ones, or colored on with marker for my shorter timeline..

Man I can't wait for Saturday!!

the onyl lasers iv used are the ones that actually project the image and not just a red light. so if they do as well as project the actual laser then id ssay you have a working situation there

I think you might be making LEDs more complicated then they need to be. The whole purpose of the LED's that you can buy like that are that they are bright and mountable for the layman. I know it's Friday already, if you think you can use it, awesome. I have had good results with components.

Check out my P2 bio thread, I installed LEDs in it and used the 3 LEDs a 220ohm resistor and a 9v.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=16919

There are a few laser and LED installs around. I don't know any of the top of my head but if you search for it you'll even be able to find schematics.

Thanks guys, looks like the LED upgrade will be on the list for Halloween. I will definitely check out the links you all have provided.

I have to say I totally love this project. I was a long-time follower of Star Wars stuff and burned out, so this is a nice fresh take on something different.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back