Large Scale Studio Replicas or Originals

SSRN Seaview

While watching the latest Sony Pictures Studio ebay auction for the 19 foot Starship Troopers "Rodger Young" model. My mind was in overdrive with how would I display / store that puppy if I did bid on it? Unlike the PIH auctions, this one was reasonably priced for anybody with a typical credit card balance.

I noticed some RPF'ers on the bid history. So what were your intentions?

My idea was to persuade my brother to allow me a portion of his pole barn for a certain amount of time. Buy my parents house when they eventually retire to a condo or townhouse in the next two or three years. Erect a pole barn like my brother's, then do it up like a museum. Same as John Rigg's "Robo-Hut".

Well, I at least won the USS Princton today..... That will fit in my house.

Did it sell though? Remember the Armageddon shuttle that was relisted 3 times?

I was thinking about cutting it up into 1 cm squared pieces and making some collectible cards
icon_redface.gif
p

The 19 footer did sell and according to the feedback on the high bidder, paid for. Curious as to the fate of that prop model. High bidder is a newby with lots of high bids for assorted screen used props in the last few weeks.

I did not put in another bid because I have no room for the model. Shipping it to Germany would have been less of a problem than displaying it would have been.

Btw: looks like all of the other bidders on that ship have been sent a "second chance" offer not by Sony, but by someone trying to make some cash...

Tim

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back