Large Scale Star Trek TOS Enterprise w/lights?

Jimbo890

I was wondering if there were any kits out there that were large scale (I understand the actual studio scale Enterprise was several feet long). I was looking for one like the Unobtanium series, but more durable. 3ft. Something that would work well for a fan film.

Thanks

Jim

No kits available at that scale!
icon_frown.gif

The biggest was the AMT "Cut-Away" Enterprise kit, which you can still find on ebay. You can get two of those kits and combine the parts for a nice 22" model. Also resin and metal accurizing parts and decals can be found at federationmodels.com

i-1.JPG

- Karl

The Deboer Northstar kit is great according to what I've read on Starshipmodeler and CultTVman, but it's (1) VERY expensive and (2) a model of the motion picture refit Enterprise, not the TV series Enterprise.
icon_biggrin.gif

- Karl

There was a company profiled in Modelers resource that was doing the original Enterprise as a kit but it cost 3-5 thousand dollars. They built a sudio scale Nautalis. Can't off hand remember the company. If I find the name of the company I'll let you know.

That's the company. I emailed them for info and they said it would take 6 months to build. It's like 65" long. Includes everything.He was also talking about making it available on the Eugene Roddenberry site.

This thread is a bit old but I figured I would post here instead of a new one. I just was flipping through the latest issue of "Previews" the comic, etc. catalog and saw that a new large scale TOS Enterprise is due around the end of 2004. The ad said it's 1:350 scale, I think. This would make it pretty big (even bigger I think than the current NX-01 Polar Lights kit). Does anyone have any info on this? Who is going to make it? I was guessing Polar Lights at first, but I'm not sure. The ad mentioned nothing about lighting, but a kit that size could easily be modified. Hope this does come out. Since I missed the few Unobtanium's this sounds like the next best thing.

That would be the Polar Lights ST:TMP Enterprise (i.e. the movie version) due out later this year. There's no way to tell for sure if a TOS version that size will get produced -- it all depends on the success of their first offerings.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
star-art wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
That would be the Polar Lights ST:TMP Enterprise (i.e. the movie version) due out later this year. There's no way to tell for sure if a TOS version that size will get produced -- it all depends on the success of their first offerings.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Are you sure about that? The picture in the catalog clearly shows the TOS Enterprise, not the movie version. Granted it could certainly be an advertising error. If I get chance later tonight I will scan the listing and post it here.

Very sure. The Movie Enterprise is suposed to be out later this year from Polar Lights. I'd LOVe to see a TOS enterprise in the same scale, but I can't even imagine PL doing a TOS enterprise in total secrecy at the same time as the movie version of the model. I beleive there's a thread around that details the 1/350 movie model with some very impressive prototypes built up. go check them out.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back