Lara Croft's "Tomb Raider: Anniversary" gun belt?

VandalsGirl

Hello all! I'm currently redoing my old Lara Croft costume, but I'm trying to update the "classic" look to the "anniversary" look.

I have almost everything I need, the only item left is the gun belt. Several years ago I had put together one of her gun belts, making the holsters, leg straps and belt separately then attaching them all together. This fell apart within a week. I don't usually work with leather so I'm not sure the best way to attach the pieces. Does anyone have suggestions of how best to attach everything together? Or maybe I just need to start over and find another method to make this? :confused

From the looks of it the holster is attached to the straps with rivets or possibly Chicago Screws.
The upper straps just have clips going through grommets in the belt.

belt.jpg

Yea, I'd say rivets as well, but eyelets for the belt pieces. Grommets have a much wider base than that. You can get everything you need for that at Tandy, but you might need to go online to find the clips. Looks like a fun project.

division 6 and Risu, thank you for all the tips! I made out a quick shopping list and was preparing to order online (online is always the first place I go...I can never seem to find anything where I live) but when I typed Tandy Leather into Google it gave me directions to one right here in Anchorage! I had no idea. So that was great to find out!

Zendragon - I've made several Lara belts throughout the years, but never any I've been really happy with, they all seem to either fall apart or just look tacky. Once I've been working with leather a while longer I would love to try to make the "classic" belt. That one looks actually looks more difficult to me than this anniversary belt though, so I'm starting with this :)

I'll post some progress pics as I make this!

If you need any help, just ask. I've been doing leather work professionally for years. One more thing I'd recommend for your shopping list is a basket weave embossing tool. That seems to be what they've done on the holsters. Probably two pieces of 8-9 oz. leather with steel plates sewn in between them, with the straps added on to hold the guns.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back