Lando and Boba Fett question...

That's between Star Wars and Empire.

I wonder why Luke waited a year and a half to go back and see Yoda? After the revelation of his Dad being Vader, you would think his first thing to do would be to head back to Dagoba and find out WTF is up with that.....or at least phone him.

No. Joke. I don't mean to keep going on about them, but that's one of the things I addressed in my re-writes. The infiltration of Jabba's palace was largely planned and carried out by Lando, Leia, and Chewie. Luke was off somewhere and showed up at the last minute to pull their collective butts out of the fire, having become a proper Jedi over the intervening months. His conversation with Yoda will be alluded to, but Yoda doesn't die yet. Sometime after the big rescue, he's able to take Obi-Wan to task for lying to him.

Also, regarding Boba... I've kinda adopted the headcanon over the years that the Boba Fett in ROTJ was an imposter. The helmet and armor were supposed to be the same as ESB, but were different to those who know the details. I don't buy the "backup armor" explanation, as that doesn't cover the dent in the helmet -- same size, same shape, same place. Nuh-uh. Just like how Jodo Kast wouldn't correct people who thought he was Boba Fett as a way to score higher bounties, Jabba probably felt it would boost his rep if people thought he had Fett on retainer.

--Jonah

Last edited:
I kinda liked the Lando and Boba interaction in the Infinities comics. They knew each other, not exactly friends. I'd think that Lando infiltrating, he would step lightly when Boba is around, considering he is the only person who would even know who Lando was in the whole palace.

Also, regarding Boba... I've kinda adopted the headcanon over the years that the Boba Fett in ROTJ was an imposter. The helmet and armor were supposed to be the same as ESB, but were different to those who know the details. I don't buy the "backup armor" explanation, as that doesn't cover the dent in the helmet -- same size, same shape, same place. Nuh-uh. Just like how Jodo Kast wouldn't correct people who thought he was Boba Fett as a way to score higher bounties, Jabba probably felt it would boost his rep if people thought he had Fett on retainer.

--Jonah

You know...I never thought of it that way. I mean, I can see Boba having a "backup armor" but, as far as the dent being the same when the helmet colors and damaged chaged...I never really thought of it in that sense. Oh man, this is gonna make my brain go bananas!

Oh man, this is gonna make my brain go bananas!

10c8ced31f6c4d67459964e85baa900a14cad840435742a0e742cc8f8495731c.jpg

:D

--Jonah

I don't buy the backup armor idea personally, I think that it's supposed to be the same armor. I don't think that anybody expected fans to pore over the footage years later looking at minute differences in the armor from Empire to Jedi. I'm sure that to Mando/Boba fans the differences are as clear as night and day but to the average fan, myself included, they're the exact same.

The entire rescue from Jabba's Palace is one great gaping logic hole as far as I am concerned. It was a huge gamble.
For instance, why risk Chewie that way? For all they knew, Jabba could have chosen to throw Chewie to the Rancor as soon as he was delivered.

I find it much easier to retcon an explanation of Boba and Lando. For all Boba knew, the Empire had seized Lando's possessions on Cloud City and he would expect Lando to be down on his luck. Therefore, finding Lando working for someone that Lando might have been working for in the past wouldn't be too unexpected.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back