lament configuration question

Rovingjack

Sooo, yeah, after my intro saying I probably won't be able to do much for a little while I'm going to start a thread about this little brain worm that's been gnawing at my consciousness for a little while.

the lament configuration, is a very lovely item, and there are plenty of still frames of this lovely thing all about the net, even video of two or three alternate movement phases for it. But it seems sort of frustrating to me that there's little info or images of how many and what types of positions the puzzle takes in the course of solving it.

If I were to make one, I'd like to not have the same cube as everyone else, and ideally I'd like to be able to have a movement or two involved and in a sequence that makes sense to the real deal in the movies.

So does anybody have a source for images or even text describing the solving of the puzzle in sequence? Tall order I'm sure.

looks like in the first movie there are only 3 or four positions to work with. The opening movement where a wedge slides up and spreads forward. The lifting half the slices from square and putting it down in the cross formation. The opening of the circle to light and sound from within. And the final motion where a corner that cuts across three faces through their middle turns half ways round and then back.

The second movie adds smaller corner turns on multiple corners around the cube and the whole leviathan configuration bit.

I should try some card stock examples of each if I can once my health and monetary situation allow me the time. Good news is that Lyme test came back negative, and my lead levels are safe. now we just need to figure out what's causing my symptom, what I am and am not allergic to with foods in my limited diet, and why I can't digest most foods.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back