Lair-created Fan Film

MoviesColin

Okay, so here's a question for you guys. This is a thought expierement.

Let's say I'm in charge of an AVP fan film. It's got a great script that everyone approves of, I've uploaded screen tests of the actors that I casted, and everyone is happy with the performances, the sets are being built and everything is ready to go... except the creatures. I need 4 predators, a dozen aliens, eggs, facehuggers, chestbursters, a predalien, and a queen.

I can honestly say that I cannot see the creature creators of this forum voluntarily sending me hundreds of dollars of props for a 'lair-created' fan film. So in my opinion, the idea is impossible.

Argue away.

The trick with any fan film is to get people to want to volinteer

one of the best ways i found is to porvide food and drink on set or to offer equal help in anything they need help with
in my experience the people in this forum are the greatest in terms of offering help

i am doing a CG series in my spare time and was hoping to get voice actors and a couple of animators to help ease the work flow and posted a few adverts in a few forums but had no replies due to the fact its a fan series so i could not legally offer any money for services rendered

compared to the help i have been offered on this site with fallen angel so if there is any fan film that would be possible it would be a predator/ AVP film

but that's just my opinion and my experience not saying other people on other forums aren't helpful its just when they see fan film they tend to back away since they know there is a strong chance there wont be any money thrown their way

While the members here a certainly nice, I can't think of them sending props to a residence to create a film.

The only ones in my head that might go along with it are Andrew, Pete and Lee.

This is all hypothetical.

The only possible way for a lair fan film to be made is for one person to be in charge of it and have the majority of the props sent to that person for the film.

it would be a fan film but done by the people who are members of the hunters lair but if you had someone directing or people that wern't members it would be AVP "insert title of film" then it would say the productions studio followed by in association with the hunters lair

but if you wanted it to be a hunter lair production you would have only people who are members of the hunters lair

in my opinion i cant see a movie being made with EVERYONE from the lair.... would be better to just get people that live nearer to each other to make one, although most the members are either from UK or USA... so that we could have more than 1 movie

The biggest problems of making a lair film, will be the money and getting people. The ones that is chosen to be in the film must have time and live nearby. So if you would gather a whole crew, then I would suggest filming intense for weeks, which also aquires the people to take a vacation from work etc.
Its hard when everyone has different jobs, no spare time and lives in different places. Im sure the will of making a film is there, but to have the option to make one will be harder.

Kotten

in my opinion i cant see a movie being made with EVERYONE from the lair.... would be better to just get people that live nearer to each other to make one, although most the members are either from UK or USA... so that we could have more than 1 movie

That makes alot of sense
As much as it would be 'fan' tastic to do a mass film together, you run into a lot of problems. Do you have everyone with a great suit in it? Even if they can't sell the movements needed to make the Preds realistic? Do you send your stuff to one group making a film, running the risk of damage/loss?
I think a film made with items from the lair and with lair support (i'm not talking financial, just moral) could concievably be called a 'lair film', but you'd need to have it approved by the elders and probably everyone else here before it could go public as a representation of our forum... but then there's not that many people left who wouldn't have seen it!
However there's no reason that people from the lair can't get together to make something great. And i still want to see that 20 pred walk to the pub for lunch in full costume!
Tim

Geography, trust, dedication, and time are all the hardest hurdles to overcome with fanfilms.
Having volunteered for/on a few and seeing nothing ever come of them makes me hesitate to be honest.
Not however say never again .
Seems you are just looking for Preds by the looks of it though. I hope you find a few near you!
How are you handling vfx? Any ships, explosions, laser blasts and the like?
How's the story boarding going? Hopefully you have a shot breakdown and at least basic boards for all the major scenes.
Looking forward to seeing where this takes you! Please keep us up to date.

I think I've got to go with ptgreek. I don't think it sounds like a lair fan film if you're just using stuff found on the lair. If you want to make a lair fan film, get a bunch of people together from the lair who will donate their time and suits, and work with them to get them up to scratch as far as movements go.

The only way I can see anyone doing it the way you're suggesting is for you to pay for the props, and ask the propmakers to hold the money until the movie is done and then send the props back.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back