Lady Thor. First body armour build.

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Dan Gamble, Jul 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dan Gamble

Dan Gamble New Member

Hi all Posted this in the RPF feeds on BookFace and thought Id just share it here and add the progress as I continue. This post is a little image heavy as i'm catching you up but I'll post more regularly in the future.

This is Lady Thor based off of the concept art for the female Thor I found on the webs, If anyone knows the artist please share as I'd love to thank them.

Comments are welcome.

1415769582.jpg Thora Pattern-5.jpg Thora Pattern-9.jpg Thora Pattern-18.jpg Thora Pattern-32.jpg Thora Pattern-71.jpg Thora Pattern-80.jpg Thora Pattern-91.jpg Thora Pattern-113.jpg Thora Pattern-114.jpg

2. George

George Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd say you're off to a good start by the looks of it :thumbsup
    Good luck with your build and enjoy the process ! :popcorn

Dan Gamble likes this.
  3. Dan Gamble

Dan Gamble New Member

Working the cape harness now. I'm a little confused about how I'm going to get the cape to flow as it does on the original male version of the armour. Getting there though.

Thanks for the comment George. :)

[​IMG]
    5 minute epoxy to hold in the armature wire.
    [​IMG]
    It's sitting a little lower here than it will when held in with magnets but you get the idea of the shape.

Yrien and Jmen like this.
  4. Dan Gamble

Dan Gamble New Member

Couldn't find a suitable pattern for the cape that matches the version I'm going for so It's time for a little reverse engineering to make one.

If it works out then I'll share here. If it fails I'll definitely share the pattern for the one that works out,

Thora Pattern-137.jpg

5. Dan Gamble

Dan Gamble New Member

Cape 85% complete. Looking good enough for me so far after test fitting it all..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    dog of ulthar and stigmorgan like this.
  6. dog of ulthar

dog of ulthar Member

Cape looks really nice so far! I remember pouring over any pictures I could find after the first Thor movie came out, looking at all the capes and just thinking "...how???"

Dan Gamble likes this.
  7. Dan Gamble

Dan Gamble New Member

Thanks heaps. :)

Did the same for research. I'm not entirely happy with the pattern and the sewing machine is old and the tension was all wrong which is why the satin bunched at the seams.

I'm happy with this one in the purpose that it's intended for, but I'll probably do another one before I share the pattern with everyone as I think the film version flares more at the bottom.

Appreciate the comment.

8. IronMeg

IronMeg Active Member

Looking great so far! can't wait to see it completed. I love the fabric you are using for the cape.

9. LOGANCLAW22

LOGANCLAW22 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This looks awesome. If I were you, see if adding some foam to the area above the shoulders works. Make the shoulder area wider and I'm sure that you will look and like it even more. I made a Thor costume and I made it a point to accentuate the width of the shoulder armor. The neck and shoulder area look a bit snug in proportion with everything else. This is just constructive comments. Thanks

10. stigmorgan

stigmorgan Sr Member

any progress?