Lady Loki build

GeektressGalore

Sr Member
Okay. I've been disappearing from the RPF a lot lately, but I've actually got a bit of progress on this costume that I could post.

This is a concept that I drew up, so it's a completely personalized design. (You notice that I do this a lot, right?) But unfortunately, this is the second design I've done. The first I posted up on a different site and someone asked if they could do it as a costume. When I politely explained that it was for my own use, they ignored me and stole it anyway. So I won't be posting my design until the whole costume is done. Sorry. :(

But in the mean time, here's what I have done so far:

404043_10150967379641524_2013330400_n.jpg

This diadem is made of lightweight clay with wire mesh to cling to, and I will likely be going over it with plaster to solidify it and stabilize the horns. Because the horns fell off. Super sad face.

581033_10150963610926524_880324428_n.jpg

In this design, I am utilizing scale mail. I'm only planning on doing one panel of it, but what you see there is still about 200 scales. I also made a necklace, hand guard, and two shoulder details for the cape out of brass scales. Seen below.
mail

I've got materials for the cape and shirt, patterns for the pants, and I'm waiting on the money and room to work on the armor.

Scale mail!

Awesome. I'm sure with this character people will still know what it is even you don't have the design up for us to look at. Good luck!

The scales look fabulous.
I did horns out of Model Magic a few years ago. I sympathize deeply with the frustration of horn breakage :(

I've got to say, I'm glad the scales look so good. I ordered a small number of them and started laughing to myself because I really have no idea what I'm doing when I'm putting them together. I just made something up and it happened to work.

But anyway.

Today the base for the diadem is still hardening and I can't go get the plaster I need until this weekend, or possibly sometime next week. So I shall be working on the cape.
I've got the fur I've seen everyone use, but I've decided to be different. I'm lining the cape. On the lining, I have designed some Celtic knots to paint on with gold fabric paint. If I do it right, it should give a kind of metallic look. (I don't want to embroider that much detail on top of doing scale mail)

I've never seen a Lady Loki cape made of fur that was lined. I've only seen one that was gathered at the shoulder. For some reason, it'st he one part of the costume that people get lazy with, and I want to change that.

Quick update: Scale mail is the devil. And I've run out of rings. So that's not getting done. But I was going through some fabric and I found some small amounts of brown microsuede and a few different shades of green in various fabric types. I want to use all of it, but I can't. So I'm working on comparing shades to the scales and seeing what I can use to piece together the rest of this costume.

Construction can't actually begin for a little while. My sewing machine has been borrowed by my mother and I have no idea when I'm getting it back. o_o

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back