Lady Deathstrike - WIP

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by virg012, Aug 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. virg012

virg012 Active Member

Here is an original design and build with worlba for Lady Deathstrike. Please provide some feedback, especially how to construct the fingers

We will be bringing this to Dragon Con this year and would love to fight some X-Men

2637461-wolverine_wendigo___1___page_26.jpg IMG_1679.JPG IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1681.JPG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    George likes this.
  2. Yrien

Yrien Well-Known Member

That looks awesome!

I've mostly seen the fingers done as a sort of extended tube that you can put over the ends of your own fingers, but I haven't tried it myself. I've also seen elongated fake nails, but I imagine that might be uncomfortable and prone to coming off your own nails.

3. virg012

virg012 Active Member

Yikes,those Lee-press on nails could be killer for her. What material would you use for the tubes?

4. Yrien

Yrien Well-Known Member

You could try thick paper or bristol board I suppose, but it wouldn't be very sturdy (though there are ways to harden it with resin, but I've never done that). Craft foam might be too thick, but you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally hurting someone. Worbla might work too - have you ever worked with it? Any of those materials might work, though I've never tried anything quite like this with them.

5. virg012

virg012 Active Member

Finshed version of costume WITH fingers. Thanks for the suggestions, went with worlba
    IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1235.JPG

Yrien likes this.
  6. Yrien

Yrien Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic!