Kyras Pred Thread (Suits And Parts)

Kyra Da Psycho

Alright, I have officially bought my first item from the lair! I ordered one of the Rattlesnake bio's from The Hunters Moon. I'm still waiting for it to be delivered but I'd like some ideas for the paint up. I'm not very confident in my painting skills as of yet, but I do plan to paint it later.

Now for the question, I have two ideas in my head: Iron Man related, or Black on white-Something Kyra would wear?
For the iron man paint up I was going to do the red on silver look. Possibly sell it later on, but I'll likely wind up keeping it haha. I still have to draw up some concepts on designs for a Kyra-type bio lol. But any opinions will be appreciated seeing as Im horrible with decisions.

EDIT: I'm working on some concepts for the paint up now, heres one of them.

"Kyra styled"

Type 1
Rattlesnake Base  KYRA 1.jpg

Type 2
Rattlesnake Base  KYRA 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kyra.
Must say that I do like that 'Gene Simmons' type look a lot.
Prefer version two though as its a bit more minimal.
I'd like to see how it would look without the black on the laser shroud and chin. Either way.. So.cool.
Looking forward to seeing this one progress.
Christian.

This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking forward too. What other interpretations might be. I like em both! You may find combining the two might help as well. Here's what I came up with using your two designs . . .

kyrarattle.jpg

The leather across the brow nearly touches the middle design I made on the forehead. You could paint this all black but break up the paint with a battle worn look. That's my two cents anyway . . .

Good luck! Can't wait to see more!

Alright, somehow I managed to forget to make a post about it, but I got my bio yesterday, wewt! And I have to say, now that I have it in my hands the urge to paint it myself shot through the roof XD I'm still worried about screwing it up, but I think I'll give it a shot.

Anyways, I got a few pics of the bio to show I got it (also I was showing it to some of my online friends) so I will post them below. I also thought of getting some videos of me working on the bio, but I'm not sure how I can, or if my little xbox webcam would get good enough videos.

Enough blabbering, heres some pics!

100_0076.JPG

100_0066.JPG

100_0071.JPG

100_0073.JPG

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1332269932' post='337636']
Really glad you like it. Just remember it's paint, you can easily redo it. Anyway, I'm here to help as well. (y)
[/quote]

And you have been quite helpful too =3 well, I got paints and the primer today. I'd like to start working on it soon. I know I said I didnt plan on paintint it right away, but now that I have a design I'm quite eager to XD

Allllriiighty! I got some Priming done yesterday, I should be in bed right now but I decided to post some pics of how it looks now. I was lucky enough to find some white primer, so I may just use that as a base color instead of paint. I'm pretty happy with how it looks now and am even more eager to start painting! I will probably start after school tomorrow. depends on how I feel and how confident I am at the time XD

Anyways, heres the pics I was going on about:

With flash:

100_0078.JPG

100_0079.JPG

100_0080.JPG

Without flash:

100_0077.JPG

100_0082.JPG

100_0081.JPG

Allllright guys! Thanks for the comments and opinions, greatly appreciated! I have started painting the bio now, I have so much paint on my hands I feel like a little kid in art class XD anyways, I am very happy with the results so far, changed up the design slightly to go with the bio. I just gotta get some silver paint and touch parts of the bio up then I think I'll be done.

Now for some pics!

Pre-paint sketching pics:
100_0083.JPG

100_0085.JPG

100_0086.JPG

Painting progression:
100_0088.JPG

100_0089.JPG

100_0090.JPG

100_0091.JPG

100_0095.JPG

100_0093.JPG

100_0094.JPG

100_0092.JPG

Wooh, MOAR pics! I went out and bought the silver paint today. At first I wasnt really fond of it because it seemed to look transparent, but I got over that. I also screwed up on the bio, I -was- gonna make the leather-ish bits on the trim of the bio a slightly darker white, but the paint was darker than I intended.... soooo, I tried removing it using a wet sponge and patting the bio. It didnt seem to remove much BUT it left a friggin AWESOME texture to it when I started blotching it with a dry paper towel.... now it looks like stone and Kyra approves XD

On to da pikz!

View attachment 28420 View attachment 28421 View attachment 28422
View attachment 28423 View attachment 28424 View attachment 28425
View attachment 28426 View attachment 28427 View attachment 28428

100_0096.JPG

100_0097.JPG

100_0098.JPG

100_0099.JPG

100_0100.JPG

100_0101.JPG

100_0102.JPG

100_0103.JPG

100_0104.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back