Kylo Ren Soft Parts.

haha i was just about to post and say this thread is for all the fabrics haha !! but either way great work so far !! that poly raylon looks pretty good so far !!

Just my own guess, but I'd guess the pin tucked portion would be considered his midcoat. I'm basing that mostly off of the action figure, and I believe a typical midcoat has sleeves. If that is the case, I'm almost certain that it is constructed of black merino wool because those sleeves bear a striking resemblance to merino.

I could be wrong, but this is my best guess.

I'm guessing the under tunic is worn as either a shirt, or could be the piece you have marked as the midcoat.

Some noir merino

$_57.JPG

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the under tunic. Whether the sleeves are (as I assume) part of it or not, the layer you've pointed to in green has the same folds as the sleeves. You can see it on the leaked action figure prototype:

H1rv8MI.jpg

And peaking out of the side split in the top coat during the first teaser:

So,

Where are we at on inner fabric/sleeve fabric at this point? Just trying to sum up for myself and others who might be reading!

Nice grab on the slits. I was wavering on whether the back had been split. But MasterEdi said that when he saw it it appeared to be split and folds in on itself, so these shots are great confirmation of that.

So at this point, I think it's probably safe to assume the overcoat is constructed of 4 main panels, not 3.

Exactly. This graphic (http://i.imgur.com/duTOWDT.jpg) had thrown me off, and from what I was seeing of the Celebration photos the back didn't look slit at all, and the action figure didn't either, so I was pretty confused. D'oh! I wish the slits in his top coat had been parted a little more in the display so we could see what's underneath them. I'd love to talk to the people who set it up and ask them a billion questions.

That's the same shot that had me 100% sure there was not slit in the back. It's not the first time I've been wrong though.

Ahh, you must be Lawnknome's girlfriend. :) You don't have to be a 501st member to participate in that thread over there, just need to register on the site. And to clarify that costume judging comment by LDR. For basic 501st approval you can often time use "like kind materials", over there right now we're also trying to go for the top notch screen accuracy as the top tier what people can shoot for to develop the screen accurate reference, and then the other lower tiers will be flushed out afterwards.

I'm looking forward to when people will be able to partially suit up. Very exciting! :thumbsup

Ahh, you must be Lawnknome's girlfriend. :) You don't have to be a 501st member to participate in that thread over there, just need to register on the site. And to clarify that costume judging comment by LDR. For basic 501st approval you can often time use "like kind materials", over there right now we're also trying to go for the top notch screen accuracy as the top tier what people can shoot for to develop the screen accurate reference, and then the other lower tiers will be flushed out afterwards.

I'm looking forward to when people will be able to partially suit up. Very exciting! :thumbsup

i'll have to go over and say hello UKG trooper here ^^

Yeah, I'm his girlfriend! I'm not going to Dragon*Con this year because honestly I didn't have any fun last year... but that has freed up all this time for me to make a costume for Lawnknome. So I thought I'd offer him my services. It's proving to be kind of a headache though! I keep finding fabrics that are close and would visually convince anyone not standing 2 inches from it, but nothing has been perfect so far. I'll consider signing up to that forum myself so I can stop making him post with me over his shoulder going "ok now ask this and post this..." but it's been really nice of him to help me. I just don't want us to wind up in the lower tier of accuracy that gets flushed out - though I've collectively spent over 10 hours actively searching for fabric both in person and online. He's seen how frustrating it's been for me and told me it doesn't -have- to get approved anymore, but it would be such a nice costume for him to troop in, his Revan is in need of repair right now and it's not very fun or comfortable to wear.

I contacted a company that sells the wool that was recommended and asked them for a close-up so I could see the knit:

View attachment 468707

Tough call to me.
What company, and color do they call that?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back