Kylo Ren lightsaber

Jmeek2004

I haven’t seen many people showing their Kylo Ren lightsabers so I thought I’d post mine.
It is the KR Sabers Krorssguard that I weathered up as close as my amateur abilities will allow to Seth‘s amazing lightsaber bible. The reference was invaluable and I don’t think I would have attempted it without it.
The saber itself is such good quality. Kal and One Replica made a fun prop to put together.
I weathered it by sanding or stripping the anodized paint with oven cleaner or steel wool until I got the look I wanted. The hard part was the quillions. I have no experience with staining steel and it really shows. They ended up very brown and not at all like the prop. I ended up just painting the tips with chrome paint and using Tamiya weathering powder for the blue and black parts. There is also a healthy spray of Tamiya smoke and gloss coating to get it a little shinier. Kal seems to have based the prop after TLJ version so it has a semi gloss finish. The gloss coating helped give it a more reflective surface although the photos don’t really give that impression. It is ready to have a board and blades set up if I ever decide to go that route in the future. It was a lot of work but very rewarding.
9A01DC12-DE7A-40E6-8A12-CB563BF6D3FE.jpeg
73694A1D-FCFF-4D91-920E-B0FB2A244D8B.jpeg
314D6E99-7061-4DE8-8EF6-D1D8DCBC2A59.jpeg
3D025943-B029-4527-8C0E-91734243E639.jpeg

This is awesome dude. Very nice. I should post some photos of my Pheonix Props V2. I actually have one of these KROR Krossguards coming right now for my 2nd one. Does anyone know if there are crystal chamber chassis available for these??

This is awesome dude. Very nice. I should post some photos of my Pheonix Props V2. I actually have one of these KROR Krossguards coming right now for my 2nd one. Does anyone know if there are crystal chamber chassis available for these??
Thank you so much! This saber doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves. KR Sabers and One Replica did such an amazing job with these and you are going to have so much fun with it. I would love to see your Kylo Ren lightsabers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back