Done / Completed Kylo Ren Helmet From 3D model **new pic #220**

TheRocketeer

Master Member
So I was wondering if there would be anyone still interested in this helmet.

We have been working on a 3D model that should be ready for print sometime this week. I have a couple other projects/props to get out the door before I get this mastered..but wanted to judge interest, to see if its worth making.

This image is where the model was on Friday..should be close to done now..and ready to print by Thurs if all goes well with tweaks/revisions.

I will make it like all my other helmets, resin backed with ceramic. And it will fit like all the SW helmets..large, so people with 24"+ heads will have no problem :)

I think the price will be around $254usd + shipping for a resin cast and $286usd + shipping for a cold cast helmet.

Depending on interest this project may get done quicker than others :)

Here is the progress so far...

Progress.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kylo Ren Helmet From 3D model

TheRocketeer;

Will the helmet be a single piece or will there be any removable parts, like the nose/mouth cover. Not sure how the original prop works, it just looks like it may come apart...

You mention that is will fit 24in+, do you think you have the right proportions of the helmet? A Kylo helmet that is too big is surely going to look pretty silly. I've seen a few early costumes that look pretty silly because the helmet is too big and it sets everything off.

Still wanting to be on the list :D

Last edited by a moderator:

That looks AMAZING.... Great work!

I think it would be a single piece like most SW helmets I see..but I will need to get it printed out and see how I would want to cast it. And for the to big thing.. I know what you mean I have seen them :p but I have made a few helmets here and there :) so I will make sure its sized nicely to fit most heads.. I have a 22.25" head so I really dont want to make a giant bucket :)
@TheRocketeer;

Will the helmet be a single piece or will there be any removable parts, like the nose/mouth cover. Not sure how the original prop works, it just looks like it may come apart...

You mention that is will fit 24in+, do you think you have the right proportions of the helmet? A Kylo helmet that is too big is surely going to look pretty silly. I've seen a few early costumes that look pretty silly because the helmet is too big and it sets everything off.

Still wanting to be on the list :D

Thanks on the list :)
Nice work, Interested.!

How did I know thats the only thing you would pick outta that quote? :p
Noooo, have you? First I've heard of this. :angel

OK so a few minor tweaks (adding lines to the back/top and a couple other things)....and then I will start getting this on the printer.. here is the model so far..

Left_Side.jpgRight_Side.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back