Kylo Ren helmet/costume

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Risebluesun, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Risebluesun

Risebluesun New Member

So I just got the new Kylo Ren FX lightsaber and it has inspired me to get a Kylo Ren costume for the release of TFA and possibly Halloween. The problem is I don't know how to make this stuff and everything store bought looks like a cheap piece of crap. So I'm wondering if anyone here would be interested in making at least a nice Kylo Ren Helmet for me?

2. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There are a couple runs in the classifieds.

3. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hey! do you know it happened to me as well! my girlfriend surprised me with the black series FX saber. i now have the bug, there is a great thread here about the tunic and sleeves, that same starter of that thread is doing a run of extremely accurate fabric. i have never used a sewing machine but my girlfriend has very basic sewing machine skills, i am eager to try it out...

here it is here

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237811&highlight=kylo+ren+fabric

its a good read from start to finish, i have to double check but i think he also have public 3d print files for the saber clip and belt holster. in the beginning of the thread i think it shows him making the belt, trust me read it from start to finish it really has me hooked on tackling this, my biggest problem is i dont know if i have enough time to complete this in 4 months...

4. Doomlordis

Doomlordis New Member

Been practising the sleeves with cheap lining fabric

IMG-20150908-WA0002.jpg

Pleating the whole square then cutting out seems to be best option.

5. Sni9er

Sni9er Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    halliwax likes this.
  6. BOLISARIO

BOLISARIO Jr Member

I'm surprised no one has offered a full Kylo Ren costume in the Project Runs section yet. I'd be down for a costume since I have no costume making skills whatsoever. I have a helmet being made just need a costume.:(

7. Vult Tavik

Vult Tavik Active Member

Probably because of the amount of work involved. Pleats, pleats, and more pleats- this will require a labor of love, lol.