Kylo Ren Build

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by paulhaga, Sep 13, 2015.

1. paulhaga

paulhaga New Member

I have grown increasingly obsessed with Kylo Ren over the last several months (perhaps as obsessed as he is with Vader?). ;) To the point that I just purchased his Force FX saber on Force Friday. I've been watching the threads on fabric and other soft parts and I've decided to give it a go. Here are my progress pics thus far...

IMG_0739.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0744.JPG

This is my purchase of some of the soft parts, monk cloth (I'll be dyeing black) for the outer coat and fabric for the surcoat. I also managed to find a good heavy piece of hide for belt making and bought some leather working tools.

I cut up the leather a couple days ago and managed to get SIX 5" x 48-51" usable belts out of it. Once I make one, I'll potentially build a few others.

I'm a little torn about the patterns to make the soft parts. Does anyone have ideas on what pattern to use to make the pleated portion of the costume?

-Paul

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the 3D model of the buckle I've built. It's on the printer now...

IMG_0753.JPG

-Paul

Attached Files:

2. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good luck, I look forward to your build. I am exactly the same with you, I got the kylo itch. I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine, I would love to do a kylo of dec 18th

3. PropReplicator2

PropReplicator2 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I agree. i have been wanting to do this cosplay before the movie comes out in december.