Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

My collection so far isn't shifting very fast. I guess there's not much interest in perfectly replicated blasters and rare Cantina masks.

Anyway, I was wondering where I'm going to put my Vader saber collection when my blaster wall display was staring me in the face. So here they are, can you name them all?

The severed hand of course I couldn't have done withouth Moffeaton's great photos.

View attachment 1336374

View attachment 1336375

View attachment 1336373

View attachment 1336376
I've only just noticed that's a stunt blade over the Vader sabers, I though it was an led strip. That's ace!

Resumed working on my Rogue One concept binoculars after two years. Here are some progress pictures (well I enjoy looking at progress pictures that other people post so I hope I'm not the only one!)

02.JPG

2.1.jpg

2.2.jpg

2.3.jpg

2.4.jpg

09.JPG

04.JPG

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

The underside features a plate for the switches and buttons; power on/off switch, front lamps on/off switch, and momentary switches for the top red lamp and laser.
22.jpg

Rear features Odiwan72's ESB eyepieces with real glass lenses scavanged from old scopes. The viewer hood is based on the ESB binoculars, as are the brass screws.
21.jpg

Only thing left to do is attach the swivel rings to the swivel mounts which I'll need a hand with as it's a PITA.

Completed my Lewis gun ANH blaster today. Started out as a solid hyperfirm rubber casting that was in terrible shape, and five years and many machined, real, and printed parts later it is done. I've yet to see anyone complete one with accurate details.

Has a satin black and graphite powder/satin clear paintjob that almost looks like steel, and the stock was painted with Sidewinder's technique using brown paint and brown and black inks.

Notice the extensive use of Transcriptor tonearm parts on the barrel and the coiled black cable where most people are placing a bizzare looking greeblie as a sight that I have no idea where it came from. Most of the added parts are original vintage, only two Transcriptor headshell sockets are resin casts, the rest are real and cost me around £250 each. That's obsession.

Shout out to OdiWan72 for helping identify some of the parts, Rob Taylor for machining work, Sidewinder for the paint advice, and gonk27 for the engraving. Hope I haven't missed anyone.*

*and trooper for handling shipping for me.

26.jpg

25.jpg

Oops! Forgot to paint the bolt aluminium this time (it has been painted before).
28.jpg

23.jpg

30.jpg

32.jpg

27.jpg

Last edited:
That‘s not „very nice“, that‘s spectacular my friend!!!

you motivate me to finish mine with the inaccurate ribbed tubing I found. It‘s still the best I have seen so far, despite the smaller ridges

There's a translucent smoked effect paint for car tail lights. Might that work for steel over the graphite instead of a clear coat as it will give it a brown tint?

Love that Lewis Kurty! One of my fav guns to start with, a 'sterling' job (Haha). Stock paint job looks fantastic photo's. Thought you'd used a de-act when I first saw it. Outstanding.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back