Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

I figured out how to do the fabric with minimal creases visible. Most of the creases are hidden by the foam liner. The key was the separate circle in the roof of the mask. I also stuck the rubber trim around the outside of the mask.
fabric2.jpg

fabric1.jpg

fabric3.jpg

fabric4.jpg

Last edited:
Can't install the eyes until I get new correct colored lenses. Nobody sells them so I have to wait for my master to make them!

That looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing this finished! You covered most of the creases, but if you were really bothered about them maybe you could cut some darts out of the fabric?

As long as they're not visible the creases are not important. Getting the fabric pattern to flow in the correct direction was the big challenge.

Did they really tweed up the inside of the mask!? It's like I always knew this but didn't realize why I liked the mask so much :D

nice work, there are details here you're designing I never would have seen

The tube bundles are made by gluing 3.5mm and 7mm silicone tubes to a flat 1mm piece of silicone. The only glue that worked perfectly on silicone is 3M Scotch Weld for rubber and plastic. Regular Superglue would just peel away and hot glue and E6000 didn't stick at all.
tube bundles.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back