Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Added the little gray tubes sticking out the back of the tusk tubes.
coupler1.jpg

coupler2.jpg

Did you use miliput for your filling or did you find something a little easier to sand
Miliput is pretty dam hard stuff when set

Yes real ones are so nice.But if I had only one of the big ones I could make new and better castings.I have only 2 of the small ones.

Got some machined parts in. The washer for the V8 part and the three odd neckbrace wheels.
v8.jpg

wheel1.jpg

wheel3.jpg

A test fit with a non-accurate piece of ribbed tubing. At least I found a good glue for sticking silicone to silicone. Comes with a primer. Brush the primer onto both parts, wait for it to dry then brush on the glue. Sets in seconds and is very strong. Regular superglue made a weak bond.
tubes4.jpg

The rubber trim for the back of the upper mask was easy to cut thanks to a handy seamline right along the path to cut.

Had a bit of a problem when I painted the gunmetal. Lots of paint runs and pooling on the crown even between some of the keys. So I had to remove half the keys and sand it back. Came out okay and I just need to repaint some keys and reattach them. I did lose some of the etched circles though because the paint went on too thick.
vrballsup.jpg

Very nice, you are working quite quickly on that super complex project! looking forward to see more of it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back