Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

lol I just bumped into this tiny eastern european radio, and look what it includes!
View attachment 1438703
Yea what I CONSTANTLY tell people is that the MAJORITY of the "PARTS" inside AND Outside of the DV Helmet was ALL "Found Stuff/Junk"!
Just things they could find that LOOKED really cool!

But it ALL Has or Had REAL LIFE practical usage! And BECAUSE they were working in Europe/England THAT'S WHY it's all mostly European STUFF!

But ALSO WHY it's so DAMNED HARD to FIND HERE in the States!

Like the Majority of the "Greeblies" on the Millennium Falcon was almost ENTIRELY From European Model Kits! And most of THOSE were Military Vehicles like Tanks and Trucks but ALSO Motor Cycles and Race Cars!

Fun Hobby Hey Guys?! :D

Joe

Very nice
I tried to have some etching done at the Scottish photo etching firm I use and they couldn’t get it right
View attachment 1438624
they did these, they look ok with a couple of coats of primer and paint on as it thinned the lettering out, but thinner lettering would have been better to start with
These photoetchers must wonder why the heck everyone wants these weird key shapes made?!

I'm glad to hear you got those characters etched ok Ben, the ones on kurtyboy's and mine were done by an engraving company.

These photoetchers must wonder why the heck everyone wants these weird key shapes made?!

I'm glad to hear you got those characters etched ok Ben, the ones on kurtyboy's and mine were done by an engraving company.
I tried an engraver near me and he said he couldn’t do it, looks like I need to by some engraving equipment ( oops unhappy wife )

I know this isn't a research thread, but those arms and linkages have GOT to be from a typewriter or something

I know this isn't a research thread, but those arms and linkages have GOT to be from a typewriter or something
Not a typewriter of we know of, many many years of searching and past members buying ££££$$$$$ spent on various kinds of typewriters but nothing found

A few more parts. Somehow I've managed to lose the tiny washer from the top of the black V8 part. Grrr...

Attachments

• parts1.jpg
    parts1.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 113
  • parts2.jpg
    parts2.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 104
V8 = Revell Visible V8 model kit. The little cylinders on the ends of the wires are rivnuts. No Idea what the long "zippers" are, mine are replicas.

Not much I can get on with right now so I cut the silver strips for the front of the chin. You can get these textured door house numbers at B&Q or at least they had them a few years ago.

silver1.jpg

silver2.jpg

The dental expanders are not glued on to the original prop. They come with little rods used to adjust them and you can see them if you look closely on the original. I drilled holes for these rods to attach them. I don't have enough rods so I've ordered some 1.2mm drill bits to use instead.
expanders2.jpg

expanders1.jpg

First attempt at the "nutrient tubes". 3mm aluminium wire with lumps of Milliput and heatshrink over it. Hopefully once painted they will look right. The wheel is just a crappy resin one I had lying around, but the conical tip on the end is a genuinie Michell/Transcriptor part. There is a piece of aluminium tube inside it (which attaches it to the wheel) and a small piece of copper inside that to get the right look.

nutrient3.jpg

nutrient4.jpg

Not much I can get on with right now so I cut the silver strips for the front of the chin. You can get these textured door house numbers at B&Q or at least they had them a few years ago.

View attachment 1439728

I got these particular ones at a small shoe repair place, but if anyone needs them, I've also found them on ebay:

They're self-adhesive which makes adding them nice and easy, and I'm pretty sure it's this same material on the original prop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back