Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Starting one the gloss black a few areas at a time. Got another paint run under the eyelid the contend with.
black1.jpg

black2.jpg

Just been checking back on the build from the beginning before I start more cutting and filling of my helmet
Such a shame some of the old photos aren’t up

There's an overhead shot from the Paris exhibition that'll give you the shape of the lower mask, then you've got the inner mask picture for the upper.

There is definitely enough pictures about for me to muddle through, but it’s just amazing and inspirational to look back over your amazing work

I ended up yanking it off with pliers and repositioning it!

Painted Vader's silver nose so the mask painting is now done. Still a lot of work to do inside the most difficult of which will be the fabric lining getting the pattern to follow the correct direction with no creases. I've tried test fitting a dozen times and it is impossible.

painted5.jpg

painted4.jpg

Do you have 100% accurate fabric?
I only found a close fishbone fabric, but I am hesitant to use it on my build...

No I found something close but I screwed it up so I've ordered another close enough one. How the hell it is fitted is beyond me. It must be stretchy like t-shirt fabric or else I can't see any way of not getting creases.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back