Kurgan Sword...Which is better? Marto or UC?

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Like the title says....

Which "Highlander" Kurgan sword replica is better?

The Marto version or the United Cutlery version?

Have any of you owned or have held both in your hands to make a good comparison?

i have all three, the marto, the UC and the screen used and ill say the marto is heavy and bulky, the UC feels better in hand, better balance and the button to push the spikes is cool, the screen used is aluminum so it doesnt really count...

i have all three, the marto, the UC and the screen used and ill say the marto is heavy and bulky, the UC feels better in hand, better balance and the button to push the spikes is cool, the screen used is aluminum so it doesnt really count...

Awesome!
Can you post some pics of them all lying next to eachother? I'd really appreciate it!:):thumbsup

sure.. its not really a well known prop hehe

case.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic! Much appreciated!

Minus the price of the Marto, is it tougher than the UC replica?

The crossgaurd on the Marto seems to be more screen accurate...:confused

Also, are there rivets on the Marto crossgaurd, like on the UC?

the marto does not have bolts but the spikes are manual... the marto is wicked heavy and stainless steel, the UC feels better and has a real blade... the only sword heavier than the marto is the briefcase sword.

What do you mean "real blade" on the UC?
I thought Marto's blades were good quality....

I've got the Marto Conan Atlantean and love it! So, this is why I'm trying to get all the details to decide on which sword. Although, the UC is MUCH cheaper. So, that may seal the deal at the end...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back