K'tinga

<div class='quotetop'>(Captain April @ Oct 10 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1335310[/snapback]</div>
I would be interested in seeing the details parts going together as well as the main body parts.
[/b]
I am sorry to say,.. but...

I am certain this will not happen since, per a conversation with Richard, the master build will no longer be displayed. However, I can personaly asure everyone that accuracy is of highest importance to the masters and contributors of this piece (as well as myself,.. the collector) and IT WILL BE EXACT AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO THE ORIGINAL STUDIO MODEL. This project is currently being worked on in a low capacity until the Enterprise is complete,.. which will be by the end of this month and possibly displayed at a Dallas Convention. At that time, the K'Tinga master build will continue in a fully blown capacity.

I believe this will be one for the record books people.... In speed AND accuracy.

Bold statements, I agree, but I state them because I well know what Richard, and those who may assist Richard, are capable of and have plans to utilize Richard's talents for years to come as long as we both see eye to eye.

Richard has been telling me of folks emailing him to ask what he is doing next...

Go to this link and it will tell all in his future and possible offerings...
http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=115107

I have enough for him to do over the next 4 to 5 years as far as scratch creation is concerned. They all will be done in the order scene on that list with additions being brought up from the lower "Intent" list as projects are completed. What he does with them after they're created is his business, but I do believe that most will be offered in some capacity. Keep and eye on this list since it may change from time to time per the conversations we may have.

This is truly a dream piece for many...myself included. My excitement regarding it is off the charts. ;)

Richard is a GREAT TALENT and these WILL BE TOP NOTCH... :thumbsup B) :thumbsup

Well, I will go into deep Jedi meditation and let Rel call me when its done. Knowing him, I won't worry about the quality or accuracy coz only the best can be expected.

Oh I forgot, this is ST ship. In that case, I will go into deep Klingon meditation with a dozen hot Klingon babes.

Oood aaah yyeeee oood. (Klingon for: Do not disturb, Klingon in deep meditation.)

B

<div class='quotetop'>(Boxster @ Oct 10 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]1335522[/snapback]</div>
Well, I will go into deep Jedi meditation and let Rel call me when its done. Knowing him, I won't worry about the quality or accuracy coz only the best can be expected.

Oh I forgot, this is ST ship. In that case, I will go into deep Klingon meditation with a dozen hot Klingon babes.

Oood aaah yyeeee oood. (Klingon for: Do not disturb, Klingon in deep meditation.)

B
[/b]
LOLOLOLOLOL....kewl.

IÂ’m anxious to see an update as well. I donÂ’t know REL, but I would have to say without a doubt, REL is one of the best of best scratch builders around that IÂ’ve seen, and IÂ’m anxious to see the KÂ’tinga come to light.

I don't know about the rest of you but it looks to me like REL has received the infamous "Paramount/CBS Cease&Desist letter" :cry, I noticed the pictures have come down and the page is gone from your website for the Enterprise E , I knew it was too good to last, and too public. It happened to a buddy of mine who for years put out some of the best Trek Vacform models. It's funny how some guys just keep getting away with it i.e. Federation models. Unforturnately for us we will never get to see the finished Klingon ship, or get to buy it. Maybe you can post pictures of your scratch build model of the Klingon ship from the movies that you are not selling.... ;)

Well, " IF " something happened I'm sure he will
be on sometime in the future to tell us. Since " IF "
the powers that be complained to him and he did take
down all info they can't make him NOT tell us..

Only time will tell here.... :angel

Also, Captain, are you trying to imply you would
LIKE IT if Federation Models got a C&D since your
friend did too ? It's an odd comment to make ? :confused

Not going to feed the rumor mill on this one. I just hope its hes got computer troubles or something else equally mundane... Since he hasn't been posting in a while... it could just as easily be that as the other... Hmmm thats's odd I never thought I'd actually wish computer trouble on someone ... as a good thing...

I do know that over at the starship modeler forums he stated that he was ging to start this build over from scratch because of a few things he wasn't totally happy with. I also think he said it was going to be in clear. In any case he stated that it wold be about a month before he really got back to it. He said that on Oct 21st, so I wouldn't expect any updates until around Nov. 21st... but the fact he took down the pics he had does make you wonder what else might be going on... Like I said I hope it is just computer troubles ;)

Jedi Dade

<div class='quotetop'>(Captain April @ Nov 3 2006, 05:09 AM) [snapback]1349878[/snapback]</div>
I don't know about the rest of you but it looks to me like REL has received the infamous "Paramount/CBS Cease&Desist letter" :cry, I noticed the pictures have come down and the page is gone from your website for the Enterprise E , I knew it was too good to last, and too public. It happened to a buddy of mine who for years put out some of the best Trek Vacform models. It's funny how some guys just keep getting away with it i.e. Federation models. Unforturnately for us we will never get to see the finished Klingon ship, or get to buy it. Maybe you can post pictures of your scratch build model of the Klingon ship from the movies that you are not selling.... ;)
[/b]
When talking to Tracy(Fed. Models) the only model he was ever asked to take down was Moya. Not even ST related. Strange if others receive a C&D, and a very public model store like Fed. never get harassed.
As far as Richard(REL) goes, we don't know, unless he talks. He might have taken it down just to stop getting a ton of e-mails. To add to the rumor mill there is a popular, well known, prop building corporation that hands out C&D's.

<div class='quotetop'>(Wolvster1 @ Nov 3 2006, 08:07 AM) [snapback]1349892[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
I may be venting a little, but it just doesn't seem fare, my buddy put out great kits, in fact Federation models sells recast of some of his kits, now that's really unfare. I hope I am wrong, I was really looking forward to the Klingon ship and The Defiant.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Oct 10 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1335346[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Captain April @ Oct 10 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]1335310[/snapback]
I would be interested in seeing the details parts going together as well as the main body parts.
[/b]
I am sorry to say,.. but...

I am certain this will not happen since, per a conversation with Richard, the master build will no longer be displayed. However, I can personaly asure everyone that accuracy is of highest importance to the masters and contributors of this piece (as well as myself,.. the collector) and IT WILL BE EXACT AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO THE ORIGINAL STUDIO MODEL. This project is currently being worked on in a low capacity until the Enterprise is complete,.. which will be by the end of this month and possibly displayed at a Dallas Convention. At that time, the K'Tinga master build will continue in a fully blown capacity.

I believe this will be one for the record books people.... In speed AND accuracy.

Bold statements, I agree, but I state them because I well know what Richard, and those who may assist Richard, are capable of and have plans to utilize Richard's talents for years to come as long as we both see eye to eye.

Richard has been telling me of folks emailing him to ask what he is doing next...

Go to this link and it will tell all in his future and possible offerings...
http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=115107

I have enough for him to do over the next 4 to 5 years as far as scratch creation is concerned. They all will be done in the order scene on that list with additions being brought up from the lower "Intent" list as projects are completed. What he does with them after they're created is his business, but I do believe that most will be offered in some capacity. Keep and eye on this list since it may change from time to time per the conversations we may have.

This is truly a dream piece for many...myself included. My excitement regarding it is off the charts. ;)

Richard is a GREAT TALENT and these WILL BE TOP NOTCH... :thumbsup B) :thumbsup
[/b][/quote]

All you have to do for an answer is scroll back up the thread...

<div class='quotetop'>(Captain April @ Nov 3 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1350026[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Wolvster1 @ Nov 3 2006, 08:07 AM) [snapback]1349892[/snapback]
[/b]
I may be venting a little, but it just doesn't seem fare, my buddy put out great kits, in fact Federation models sells recast of some of his kits, now that's really unfare. I hope I am wrong, I was really looking forward to the Klingon ship and The Defiant.
[/b][/quote]

WOW, venting INDEED.... :rolleyes

So basically your saying someone who's been in
the Business for over 13 years selling kit's to folk
not ONLY should get C&D'd but he's ALSO a THIEF ????

Oh well, at least if Fed Mod DOES get a C&D in the
future we will know who helped get the legal ball rolling
since there's an obvious axe to grind ? :rolleyes

This is the first place that I have mentioned it. I highly doubt that Federation Models will ever get one,how many years has it been? I suppose that someone could put out a model of a subject that matches someones else's model in dimensions and misstakes.....could happen, I may be wrong. :$ But we are getting off the subject, what is going on with this project.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I took the pictures down from my site to give myself a little breather from the emails etc. I'm not taking anymore orders for the EE so I saw no need to keep advertising it. I know there's been people waiting on them for awhile and I'm sure they're getting antzy and I don't want a thread appearing on the boards asking where they are or if anybody got theirs yet like so many of the other garage kit makers get, I know what it's like now and how easy it is to get behind when you release a popular kit, it's very easy to get overwhelmed. it would be nice if you get one to post you got it though so people know they're going out, I don't understand why no one is doing that. Is it because Tom Sasser did the decals? I know one person said they won't buy one from me if he's doing the decals so that's what makes me think that might be the reason, in fact he said he'll buy the kit but don't send the decals, he'll have someone else do them. How stupid is that?

Also it's been suggested to me that I'm not concentrating on getting their orders out because I'm working on a new kit, which isn't true since my wife does all the casting and only one kit a week can be made since the materials take so long to cure, and that was in the summer, now that it's colder it takes even LONGER to cure.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make anymore kits after this one, it's still up in the air. Most of the people are very patient but some of them get pretty harsh when I get a little behind and it's not something I would like to deal with on a constant basis.

REL, you have a fantastic talent. Please do not stop making kits. There are enough people who understand the waiting process is part and parcel with the hobby. Sell fewer, if you must. But, don't stop.

Kind regards,
Allan

Rich,
I understand your not being sure about making more kits. (Even though I would buy every one you offer). It's your life, my friend. I can only say thanks for all the time and effort you have put into the 'E'.

Max

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I'm not sure if I'm going to make anymore kits after this one, it's still up in the air. Most of the people are very patient but some of them get pretty harsh when I get a little behind and it's not something I would like to deal with on a constant basis.[/b]

It's alright, Richard...

You've lots of e-friends here who understand... Take care of yourself and your family first and everything else will fall into place. Besides....Christmas is coming and that will probably cause us ALL to take a breather from our respective projects to concentrate on family stuff. I've been meaning to call you back. Apologies for my own un-availability and such.

Bottom line is that you need to do what you have to do. Only you know what that is. Your work though.... is top notch and amongst the very finest available in my opinion. It's no wonder you're so popular right now...for better or for worse.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back