Krylon to Tamiya/Humbrol conversion (Tie paint)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't find an online conversion. Does anyone know what the equivalent Humbrol or Tamiya paint is for Krylon #51318 Grey Primer and Krylon #20010 Grey primer? I believe these are the colors commonly used for Tie details.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Clerval

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is gonna be a long-winded 'No', but...:

This reminded me that I've contacted Krylon a couple of times to ask about any sort of FS matching. No reply that I can recall (about 4+ yrs since last, though), but why not write to them directly? If you can get FS numbers on the Krylon, then just hit the ipms site. I think I asked on two or three other model forums as well, and a few of the WWII aircraft guys have good leads if you're looking for a few of the tans/browns and greens, but again, I don't recall anything on the two grey primers.

Color Reference Charts - Federal Standard

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, nobody in the UK has painted a studio scale Tie? :darnkids

This is gonna be a long-winded 'No', but...:

This reminded me that I've contacted Krylon a couple of times to ask about any sort of FS matching. No reply that I can recall (about 4+ yrs since last, though), but why not write to them directly? If you can get FS numbers on the Krylon, then just hit the ipms site. I think I asked on two or three other model forums as well, and a few of the WWII aircraft guys have good leads if you're looking for a few of the tans/browns and greens, but again, I don't recall anything on the two grey primers.

Color Reference Charts - Federal Standard