Krylon to Tamiya/Humbrol conversion (Tie paint)

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't find an online conversion. Does anyone know what the equivalent Humbrol or Tamiya paint is for Krylon #51318 Grey Primer and Krylon #20010 Grey primer? I believe these are the colors commonly used for Tie details.

Clerval

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is gonna be a long-winded 'No', but...:

This reminded me that I've contacted Krylon a couple of times to ask about any sort of FS matching. No reply that I can recall (about 4+ yrs since last, though), but why not write to them directly? If you can get FS numbers on the Krylon, then just hit the ipms site. I think I asked on two or three other model forums as well, and a few of the WWII aircraft guys have good leads if you're looking for a few of the tans/browns and greens, but again, I don't recall anything on the two grey primers.

Color Reference Charts - Federal Standard

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, nobody in the UK has painted a studio scale Tie? :darnkids

This is gonna be a long-winded 'No', but...:

This reminded me that I've contacted Krylon a couple of times to ask about any sort of FS matching. No reply that I can recall (about 4+ yrs since last, though), but why not write to them directly? If you can get FS numbers on the Krylon, then just hit the ipms site. I think I asked on two or three other model forums as well, and a few of the WWII aircraft guys have good leads if you're looking for a few of the tans/browns and greens, but again, I don't recall anything on the two grey primers.

Color Reference Charts - Federal Standard

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.