Krull Glaive

strengthof10men

krull was the first movie I saw on VHS. My Dad bought a VHS machine second hand from someone at his work and also borrowed a movie for us all to watch. The movie imprinted itself on me as something very exciting and now as an adult I finally decided to make my own Glaive.

First I drew out the design to scale then cut out layers on art board.
krulllayers.jpg

then I Glued them all together. Making sure to cover all the cardboard with the superglue so they would be hard and waterproof.
krullglue.jpg

krullclamp.jpg

Then I used milliput to add material to the sides and added a bevel. I cut up the barrel of an old pen and glued it to the insert on the ends of the arms. I then glued plastic red gems to them.

krullsingleblade.jpg

I painted the whole thing gold with silver and black accents. as well as adding the glyphs to the arms . I then gave the whole thing a clear coat. the blades go into recess's. the Blades are made from strips of plastic covered in foil tape. the kind used for insulation. I then scuffed them up to take some of the shine off. I glued a large plastic clear gem in the centre. This is a temporary one as its 30mm and it really needs one that is 35mm. but this will do until I find one.

krullnoblades.jpg
krullbladesout.jpg

krulltext.jpg
krullhold.jpg

I hope you Like it.

Great work! I haven't seen many scratch built glaives on this board. The gem in the middle looks remarkable!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back