KRIEG !! [Borderlands 2] Buzzaxe, Mask, and full costume WIP

Henchmen

Hey all !

A few weeks ago I finished up my Psycho Bandit mask, and I've been busy since then! With Krieg being my favorite character, I decided I wanted to build his props and do the full costume up for conventions.

Right now is kind of a lul in the process as I'm waiting for various materials to arrive before I can continue on his harness and left glove/bracer armor. I have however completed the sculpt and mold for the mask, and the first cast is awaiting painting (waiting for new strapping to come in), and his Buzzaxe I finished up yesterday.

With the buzzaxe (and with everything) I'm trying to go for super accuracy to the original model. I blew up and printed off my reference image and traced them, so the measurements and proportions are near perfect. I also replicated nearly the exact wood grain texture from the in game model, as well as the same nut/bolts as are on his buzzaxe.

Anyways, picture time!

krieg_mask__borderlands_2____blank_resin_kit_by_henchmenprops-d70hodd.jpg

krieg_s_buzzaxe__borderlands_2____blank_resin_kit_by_henchmenprops-d71bno2.jpg

krieg_s_buzzaxe__borderlands_2__by_henchmenprops-d71juoj.jpg

I've been gathering reference for the rest of the build/costume, so I will be updating this thread with pictures as it progresses!

Cheers,

Jordan

That is some crazy accurate detail there man! Love the paint job too. :)

Thanks man! I appreciate it :)

I've started putting together Krieg's Harness, got it all cut and temporarily holding it with zip ties! It's super strong and thick leather, So I've been wearing it on and off trying to break it in and loosen it up!

IMAG1025.jpgIMAG1026.jpgIMAG1019.jpg

Got the mask all painted up! I attached all the strapping this morning so I could take it to a small local con. More & Better pictures to follow in the coming days!

1545055_242225389282056_540288971_n.jpg

Sweet man! just like your buzz axe, the attention to detail is bang on! Did you airbrush the mask?

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. The mask was a combination of airbrush and hand - The orange and white was all airbrushed, then the metal, brown, and black was all hand painted. :)

An update on the harness, it's taken a while because I have a ton of projects on the go - but here it is!

Now its onto the gauntlet, then im getting close to being done.

1661772_252133411624587_50361628_n.jpg

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the complete package - I just started on some B2 character builds for a couple cons in July and August (I need a good long while). Keep up the great work!

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the complete package - I just started on some B2 character builds for a couple cons in July and August (I need a good long while). Keep up the great work!

Thanks! What BL2 character are you doing!?

Looking good man, can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks alot! I'll have everything finished for a con this weekend - should post some pictures of everything done and together soon after!

Well that was quick.

I actually had the armor for the gauntlet done days ago, same with the bracer underneath. just finished painting it and adding the straps was all haha

Angel, Zer0 (standard sneak suit, but with my current 53level build), Tiny Tina, and standard Psycho. Ambitious, I know. Want to get these right!

Wow, thats awesome! I've been wanting to do some Zero stuff as well, are you/will you be making a thread for these? would definitely be interested in seeing your progress!

I went to the con today, and am waiting for pictures to surface over the next few days, but here is the body paint cell shading I did in the morning - as well as my Krieg buckle 7 belt!

1619576_253526241485304_686228760_n.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! I've been wanting to do some Zero stuff as well, are you/will you be making a thread for these? would definitely be interested in seeing your progress!

Nice cell work in the pic! Yeah, I planned on eventually making threads for these..but I'm a bit hesitant to post what I have so far (just beginning builds on a Harold, a Maylay Shield, and some dynamite) since I'm very much still a novice at this. I'm going to do progress pics, but I wasn't going to post them until I was happy with the finished results.

First picture from this past weekend!

It was my first time putting the whole costume on, and there are definitely some changes I'm going to make. First, I need new body paint as my cell shading faded pretty quickly. Also, the flexible tube I used was originally clear, and I sprayed it with black plasti-dip, but it got pretty worn by the end of the first day, gonna need to try something else with that! Overall, happy with it so far and it was a great weekend!

1959342_671184029595205_1395350440_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back