Kratos-God of War 3

Tonystark117

Hi everyone! This is my very first post here on RPF. Ive been on this site and read through the previous threads for info. I dont like to ask questions if they have already been asked. its annoying to forum members I try not to be like that. Anyway, I'm looking to be Kratos from GOW3 for Halloween 2012 and I dont know where to start. All i been doin so far is going to the gym to bulk up lol. Ive got a decent build so im not that scrawny. But my plans are to have full body paint, 2 swords(light up red), loincloth/skirt the golden fleece, chained arm gauntlets, shinguards, sandals with hermes wings with as much detail as close to the game as possible. If theres anywhere that can do help me achieve my goal its this place. So i get paid this friday and I have about 12 weeks to finish my project. Any suggestions how i should start tackling this? Thanks everyone:)

Sounds like you need to make quick progress on this. I've never worked with foam myself but it seems that others are able to use foam to create armor pieces quickly. The bulk of the armor could be built out of foam using the game pictures as reference. You definitely don't want to try pepping this, it will take way too long.

If you have some artistic skill you can create 1 blade out of wood or clay, then mold and cast it twice. It's more expensive to mold and cast but youll only have to sculpt the blade once, and the 2 will be identical.

12 weeks goes by real quick so get ready for crunch time. Can't wait to see progress pics.

Ok great i was thinking for the golden fleece to buy sports arm guards and just build up on top of it with foam. But i did want to have the lion face. And for the shinguards just buy soccer ones and paint them gold. The swords are def going to require the most effort. I dont have much artistic ability but i will sure do my best tp make it not look so ghetto:)

If you have access to power tools then you can carve details like the lion into your foam pieces. The less you have to build from scratch the better.

I've also seen some replica Blades of Chaos/Athena/whatever they are now. If you've got the money to drop on them that will save you time. I haven't come across a really good looking replica yet. If you are making them yourself then figure out what medium you like shaping better, be it clay, foam, wood, etc. Just be careful about getting caught up on the little details or that will eat up too much time.

Better start growing that goatee too...

I'm working on a frostmourne from WoW right now, but I'm about 50 % finished with it and have plans to do the chaos blades next....maybe the blades of athena as well. Not sure yet. If you want I can walk you through my process or maybe if you like em enough we can work out making you a couple copies. As for the chains, I suggest plastic chains from home depot covered with a silver latex paint and splattered with some red for good effect maybe.

if you need some kratos makeup tips i just put a time lapse video up here about a month or so ago :> .. i would be more then happy to explain what i did

sounds good godproject. I never even knew plastic chains existed! I was actually going to use real metal chains. What department would that be in? In case they dont have any there I can figure out another store that might carry it.

Error thanks I seen that video when i did a search on here earlier. It looks awesome. A tutorial of the steps would be much appreciated!

sounds good godproject. I never even knew plastic chains existed! I was actually going to use real metal chains. What department would that be in? In case they dont have any there I can figure out another store that might carry it.

Error thanks I seen that video when i did a search on here earlier. It looks awesome. A tutorial of the steps would be much appreciated!
no problem ill pm you once i am done babbling about genesis games on facebook ... im explaining how awesome nightmare creatures was

Usually home depot carries the plastic chains in bins right near where the normal chain is sold, I would definitely go plastic, metal will be unwieldy and heavy after a while.

no problem ill pm you once i am done babbling about genesis games on facebook ... im explaining how awesome nightmare creatures was

Nightmare Creatures was one of my favorite games growing up. I think that one might have given me nightmares. Oh they just dont make em like that anymore...

if you need some kratos makeup tips i just put a time lapse video up here about a month or so ago :> .. i would be more then happy to explain what i did

I am quite interested myself, I've always wanted to do a Kratos cosplay, but most tutorials never gave out detailed info.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back