KR Sabers question

Griff13

Does anyone have their Graflex replicas or prequel sabers? Was thinking about purchasing and wanted to see other’s inputs first.

Thank you!

I haven't heard of them, but that is a good price for an accurate replica Graflex! I think the replica one I have was made by Larbel (did he do one?), and I think it cost more than that. I really dig the TFU lightsaber as well.

I haven't heard of them, but that is a good price for an accurate replica Graflex! I think the replica one I have was made by Larbel (did he do one?), and I think it cost more than that. I really dig the TFU lightsaber as well.
Really? You don't know Khal? He's been making some amazing FX compatible hilts for a while, the oldest one of his hilts I can think of off the top of my head is from 2016. I've only managed to snag one of his Rey Scavengers for my collection so far but it is absolutely phenomenal. He's on the forums as khal1993, great guy, breathtaking lightsaber hilts, and a phenomenal customer experience.

Khal and KRSabers are absolutely legit. He’s been around long enough and built up a solid business and totally dedicated to this hobby. I’ve purchased many items from him and wouldn’t hesitate again (I’m eyeing his RVN kit at the moment).

I can also vouch for khal1993 and have one of his Graflex replicas, as well as one of his Beskar ingots. His Beskar ingots and thermal detonators have also been featured on Tested.

Decent guy and great at communication too. Also posts regularly about updates to his operation making more lightsabers, props and effects parts.
I believe he's currently expanding his operation.

This is the Rey Scavenger weathered by Multiverse Props.

Rey_Scavenger_1.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_2.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_3.jpg
Rey_Scavenger_7.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_4.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_5.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_6.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_8.jpg

Rey_Scavenger_9.jpg

Really? You don't know Khal? He's been making some amazing FX compatible hilts for a while, the oldest one of his hilts I can think of off the top of my head is from 2016. I've only managed to snag one of his Rey Scavengers for my collection so far but it is absolutely phenomenal. He's on the forums as khal1993, great guy, breathtaking lightsaber hilts, and a phenomenal customer experience.

The last time I bought a lightsaber was probably the MR sabers when ROTS came out! So I'm not in the loop on anything more recent. I'm lucky I remember my name some days! :lol:

Are KR/Saberarmoury sabers the same as Korbanth but in the UK?
Not really. Khal works with manufacturers that Randy doesn't. Randy mostly resales and sometimes designs with ELF, LDM and 89. Khal works mostly OneReplicas or Denis Lukyanov and occasionally ELF, but he ends up doing more designing than Randy usually. A lot of Khal and OR's collabs are among the best versions of several FX hilt designs. Basically if you can get a hilt from either Korbanth or KR, go KR cause you're faaar less likely to end up buying an 89(Infamous recaster) hilt.

Not really. Khal works with manufacturers that Randy doesn't. Randy mostly resales and sometimes designs with ELF, LDM and 89. Khal works mostly OneReplicas or Denis Lukyanov and occasionally ELF, but he ends up doing more designing than Randy usually. A lot of Khal and OR's collabs are among the best versions of several FX hilt designs. Basically if you can get a hilt from either Korbanth or KR, go KR cause you're faaar less likely to end up buying an 89(Infamous recaster) hilt.
That’s really helpful, thanks for the info.

These are all geared towards FX installs rather than screen accuracy, correct?

That’s really helpful, thanks for the info.

These are all geared towards FX installs rather than screen accuracy, correct?
The Graflex is an accurate reproduction of the original fully functional flashgun. You could stick some d-cells in, mount it on a camera, and take a photo with it fresh out of the box. To make them installable, you have to remove the battery spring, and dismantle the bulb assembly and replace it with a functional blade holder.

Most of the KR props are designed for electronics, but are also extremely accurate to the prop, other than his ECO range which is more 'good enough and affordable'. They're also usually very cleverly engineered with the latest FX paradigms so they are some of the easiest installs.

It’s hard to beat Khals (KRs) customer service, positive attitude, and collaborative footprint (many positive and special areas of coordination the general public may not even be aware of ;))

I happen to be selling his first gen prequel hilts but the only reason I’m offloading obi and qui is because I decided I wanted a material accurate film construction… they are otherwise beautiful and reasonably priced. Same goes for the Graflex.

If you’re in the market for a graflex I would consider the kind of finish you might be looking for, the KR plating is a bit more mirror polish over hand burnish metal. (Someone correct me if that doesn’t seem accurate)
TGS is actually a pretty uniform machine brushed finish over every single part and a satin plating. (Vintage Folmer, patents, and Inc did vary)
I’ve seen three different finish techniques from Roman’s gen 2 so- not sure what to call out there.

Anyway, khals great so no qualms there ;)

It’s hard to beat Khals (KRs) customer service, positive attitude, and collaborative footprint (many positive and special areas of coordination the general public may not even be aware of ;))

I happen to be selling his first gen prequel hilts but the only reason I’m offloading obi and qui is because I decided I wanted a material accurate film construction… they are otherwise beautiful and reasonably priced. Same goes for the Graflex.

If you’re in the market for a graflex I would consider the kind of finish you might be looking for, the KR plating is a bit more mirror polish over hand burnish metal. (Someone correct me if that doesn’t seem accurate)
TGS is actually a pretty uniform machine brushed finish over every single part and a satin plating. (Vintage Folmer, patents, and Inc did vary)
I’ve seen three different finish techniques from Roman’s gen 2 so- not sure what to call out there.

Anyway, khals great so no qualms there ;)
completely unrelated but what's the news on the Veracity Labs V2? love my MoM and can't wait for my V2

I have bought from KR two times, actually I bought from «thesaberarmory» which is the same only geared more towards you doing the install yourself or buying parts and components.

I bought Knight AS3 first, so good man. I had an issue with the provided chassis being printed too big in some areas outside and in the battery section.
I went through much testing and troubleshooting via email with Khal. Always positive, he ended up sending me a new chassis and a battery for free! And made a youtube video where he tested it for me to ensure all is well.

I recently purchased a Desert Wanderer DIY kit as well, and it comes with a lot of extra stuff that I didn’t get when I bought the Desert Wanderer from Korbanth (I ended up returning the Korbanth one).

I recommend KR and thesaberarmory, I have gotten the best customer service from Khal and also from Sabertrio in this hobby.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back