Kotobukiya Sandtrooper Corporal paint job

Talisen

Sr Member
I finally got in my Kotobukiya Sandtrooper Corporal from the Starwars shop and although the model and pose are really cool, the paint job is absolutely horrible.

Looks like they have kids with markers doing the sand weathering. I have a Fett from Kotobukiya and it's well done. I've seen the Clonetrooper up close and it looks great (I want one eventually)

So what happened. anyone get the regular Sandtrooper or Sergeant? Does it look the same? For a exclusive you'd expect a little better.

[attachmentid=588]

[attachmentid=589]

[attachmentid=590]

Now the question is can I remove that paint or do I have to paint over?

That does look pretty crappy. Marmit's original weathering job was pretty bad too. Not quite that bad though. You might be able to just weather right over it and incorporate what they have on it into your new weathering. I used woodland scenics to weather my Marmit and it turned out great.

I am really glad you shared this info. Thanks.

I was considering getting this one, but I think I will opt to buy the other stormy instead.

Originally posted by jikawa@Aug 16 2005, 11:22 PM
Man.. that trooper looks like he just crapped in his pants..  :eek:
[snapback]1059301[/snapback]​

That is nasty. Funny, but nasty. I don't think that I could have one of those in my collection after your comment.

I think that I will stick with the GG busts. :unsure

Are you sure that it isn't a return or something? That can't be what it's supposed to look like. I've heard good things about these figures and was planning on getting a Sandtrooper and the upcoming Snowtrooper. God, I hope that isn't standard.

Have you tried returning it or contacting the company showing them the pictures?

Chris

No it's not a return, it truth, looking at the pictures posted on Starwars.com, you'll see the marks are all where they are supposed to be:

SWKTSTB_img1.jpg

Just at that size they look fine. I have 4 other Kotobukiya Star Wars figures and they were all great. I can only guess that since this particular fig was an Exclusive, limited number, they had the weathering hand done, or used less articulate machines since the numbers were so low?

Does anyone have one of the other Sandies? I'm guessing the weathering is the same.

Originally posted by Dobber@Sep 11 2005, 01:40 PM
Are you sure that it isn't a return or something? That can't be what it's supposed to look like. I've heard good things about these figures and was planning on getting a Sandtrooper and the upcoming Snowtrooper. God, I hope that isn't standard.

Have you tried returning it or contacting the company showing them the pictures?

Chris
[snapback]1075082[/snapback]​

Yeah, I've been reading up on them since I saw your post....because it worried me. I still plan on getting the standard one, but I couldn't find anyone having the same problem as you've got, that's why I was curious. I agree with ya on the weathering.....I also noticed that you can see what they were "trying" to accomplish it's just too heavy and sloppy on yours. I hope you can make it work alright.

Chris

The one thing my buddy john and I hate MOST bout the Koto Sandy is the GAWD AWFUL paint job. I agree. Kids with markers. LOL :lol

I have YET to see ONE that looks good.

Really. Yikes, I may have to rethink getting a Sandy. Do all 3 versions of the Sandtrooper have poor paint jobs?

Chris

Even as a non-sandtrooper expert, I can tell that this is a poor paint job. Given that these are definitely high-end kits, the paint job does not pass muster.

I have the Vader Koto (version 1) and it is fantastic. This is pretty bad.

Hector

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back