Korean war fighter pilot epic... "Devotion"

Hmmmm, I wanted to see this. A friend of mine saw it and didn't like it. But you guys are getting me enthusiastic about it again.

So, there's very little cgi? It's actual aerial footage right? Otherwise I'm not interested.

Some photos probably not seen by anyone but me in a very long time.
Someone involved with our family had passed a few years back and photo album had war photos. I hung onto that. Many surely were not taken by him because he was a cook and closest to combat he got was burying the enemy dead, quite a few photos that gory topic and of various typical combat photos, soldiers, tanks, etc. A small few were of aircraft. Not sure if he even took these or someone else but cool none the less. Marines aircraft other than the F-51, Navy transport.

z80663Dh.jpg

by9LQVFh.jpg

dluhLSNh.jpg

I saw so excited when this movie was announced. I had read about Jesse Brown way back when in high school in the late 80s. I was hoping they would not jack it up and they didn't IMHO. We saw it opening night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So this is a "Korean War fighter pilot epic ...", not a "Korean war fighter pilot epic .."

I expected the trailer to have a Korean pilot against a K-drama score. LOL.

Finally got around to watching this tonight. While they did a good job overall with the story, and the flying scenes were well done, it looks like they either ran out of money, or just got lazy at some point. The rescue helicopter was laughably bad, when it should have been a Sikorsky H-5 as pictured in Cessnadriver's post above, and instead it looked like it was rendered by a 10 year old. The exterior flight deck set was pretty bad as well with the carrier island looking completely fake.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back