Kong Gas Grenade

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The hardest part was making peace with the fact that I'd have to paint the wood - it was beautiful.

I just painted great replica that Prop Runner offered - took all of 20 minutes (not counting the time it took for the black paint to dry).

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Will look fantastic next to the upcoming Sideshow Armature..

WOW. Looks real nice, Jason. Thanks for posting. :D

Compared to the original:

gb3_1.JPG

post-1643-1132967202.jpg

And their cameo appearance in the Peter JAckson 2005 remake:

2005_clip.JPG

These are still available if anybody's interested. Contact me for more info. :)

- Gabe

Thanks.

I'm probably going to weather it... it's just sandable black primer with silver Rub 'n Buff. Easy peasy :)

I think on the original the silver paint spills over the edge to make the grooves seem narrower. They probably added the black afterwards with a brush and didn't quite make it up to the edges.

Don't forget to share the "after" photos. :)

- Gabe

I wonder if the gas bombs in the Jackson Kong were originals from Forest Ackerman's collection or recasts? Wouldn't be the first time recasts props were used as heroes in a movie. :p

- Gabe

Yep These are great . Here is s photo of mine. Prop Runner is a great person to deal with also the whole transaction was flawless just like these gas bombs.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/tn_Kong3_1.JPG[/image]

Keith, you're too kind. :$ Yours turned out killer too. :)

I just noticed that in the screen capture, the ring is unpainted, but in the photo of the hero prop, it's black. I don't have a copy of the film yet, but could anyone check and find out if any of the other bombs have black rings?

- Gabe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back