Knockoff Blade Runner Snub Nose Blaster

Farrellk08

So I've been working on a budget DL-44 (that you can see here if you want)...

http://www.therpf.com/f79/my-budget-esb-dl-44-a-232117/

and basically now I'm at a point where I'm waiting for one last part to come. So today I decided to take the $10 Chinese knockoff Blade Runner blaster toy I got on Amazon, and turn it into something a little cooler.

51ylWNwldyL.jpg

My original intent was to take the toy, and replace the revolving cylinder with another cylinder off of a pop gun I also got, but as it turned out the pop gun was WAY too small. So I made the decision to just cut that part out of the gun entirely, and made it a snub nose version instead.

image7 - Copy.jpeg

I also filed off the hammer they added.

image8 - Copy.jpeg

Here it is after some gluing (and I did at least salvage the pop gun by adding the trigger off of it).

FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg

I did a quick paint job, and I left the majority of it black, but I'm going to be buying some metallic paint for my DL-44 flash hider, so I may touch up some parts if I feel up to it. So there it is, my one day Blade Runner snub nose from a $10 toy. Cheers!

IMG_1327 - Copy.JPG

Yeah i saw them on amazon and ebay, they're not super cheap like he said but with some work they really do look the part.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back