Klingon Negh'Var

frostrubin

Sr Member
Started a new long term project. The Klingon Negh'Var at 1/1000. It will be a kit-like 3D printed model.
I'm trying to match the studio model (the darker one) as far as I can catch the details on the pictures I have.
Here are some process pictures of detailing the upper wings:
neghvar01.jpgneghvar07.jpgneghvar06.jpgneghvar05.jpgneghvar04.jpgneghvar03.jpgneghvar02.jpg
and the back with the "iron":

neghvar10.jpgneghvar09.jpgneghvar08.jpgneghvar11.jpgneghvar12.jpgneghvar13.jpg

Detailing and paneling the underside at the moment:

neghvar17.jpgneghvar16.jpgneghvar15.jpg

Always loved how the idea started out as "Let's just add bits and pieces to the Vor'cha" before they ended with so many changes that it was better to build something new.

Always loved how the idea started out as "Let's just add bits and pieces to the Vor'cha" before they ended with so many changes that it was better to build something new.
Yes they do a lot of kitbashing and recycling models at the shows. And sometimes the models "grow" and change from appearance to appearance. There are 3 different version of the studio models at least.

Now the “wings” go straight out, not canted downwards, correct? Regent Worf’s version ventral side actually was a physical model so I hear.

The aft weapon pod greeble might look great on a smaller scale cobra head of a Klingon ship.

I liked SFB’s take of making the B-10 bridge almost like the pagoda towers on Japanese ships, but for the main cobra head itself the FASA Fat Man for the boom and forward section—with B-10’s bridge atop it

After a long break I'm back on that beast…
Hollowing out and cut this ship for print parts is so time consuming. Trying my best to hide most of the seam lines. So the middle parts of the body is cut to the main parts and also the windows are applied. After all parts are cut I'll add some internal structures to host some armature to keep this big thingy in shape.
neghvar-p20.jpgneghvar-p21.jpgneghvar-p22.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back