KJP1 Bio Paintup for Todd (lancer44)

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
This is a KJP1 Bio that I'm painting up for Todd. For those who don't know, Todd is the one who bought my P1 suit and I must say - he looks freaking fantastic in it. He's going to post pics soon, so stay tuned for that because they are going to be some pretty sweet pictures...

Anywho, this is the KJP1 that I'm painting...just started last night. I used some new spraypaint for the base coat. It looks cool but...well, it stinks like cat pee. I know that the paint smell will go away over the next 12-24 hours, but I couldn't do anything else with it last night because the smell was so unpleasant! I'll get back to it tonight and hopefully have more progress on it.

Img_9060.jpg.png

Haha, yes, yes it is, BUT thats just the base coat. I wanted to try something different and since the base coat is going to be covered by the other colors, the sparkliness will be hidden

Always love painting up P1 bios...they are so much fun to do! Although I DID enjoy painting the Berserker just because it was so different than a P1.

Went over the sparkly silver with 2 other spray paint colors: light silver and dark silver. I sprayed from a distance so that the paint only goes on in flecks and still shows a little bit of the base coat.

Img_9068.jpg.png

Added some black undertones:
Img_9069.jpg.png

Added some green:
Img_9070.jpg.png

Gold layer:
Img_9071.jpg.png

Total layers of paint so far (not including primer): 6

back in college I helped some one do a computer mod on a case called the Black Mesa, we used a Iron Oxide base paint that was grey in color until you treated it with the 2nd base liquid that was acid and it made instant rust , thickness depended on how many payers of paint v/s acid treatment. it looked like it was dig out of a garbage pit from the game half life. the mod we copied the paint idea came from http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/15873/detail/ I wonder what a P1 bio would look like rusted up.

Jason - just coming up for air from the past 2 days. IT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!!! ;) I cannot wait to present it to my neighbor! I think he may have to fight me for it and pry it out of my hands. Appreciate how quick you jumped on this. You da man!

All- As Jason stated I was the lucky one to aquire his P1 suit. To say it's bad ass, is not enough. I will post some pics soon from my hunt at one of our local high schools last Friday. Can't say enough how great it is to have been working with Jason the past few months. Anything I get from him is like Christmas magnified by 100.

Also a big thanks and shout out to Casey. Working with him on another Bio to replace the one that broke from my hunt at the school. I will be using the one from Casey for the suit and giving the one to my neighbor that Jason is working on....Well, I might give it to him. As I see the progress pics, it gets harder and harder to part with. Actually though, my neighbor was awesome stepping in and suting me up. He sweated almost as much as I did and kept the crowd at bay (which was a full time job in itself). He deserves big props and I though this was a great way to thank him by presenting him with his own Bio.

Thanks again Jason for everyrthing and will be posting the pics soon. I say once again...you da man!
Todd

I plan to add some battle damage/weathering to it tonight, glue the mesh in the eyes and get the LED's in this weekend so I can send it off Monday morning :D

You da bomb dude! It looks bad to the bone! I bet you customs will enjoy looking at it as much as they enjoyed looking at the suit you shipped me :D

Hey Jason, what kind of sponges are you using? The ones I was buying have changed, so they don't work as well anymore.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back