Kitbuilders Magazine Issue 62

crawjaw

Sr Member
After hearing how everyone was salivating over the publication of issue 62 of Kitbuilder magazine, I orderd a copy direct from USA. My first reaction was disappointment as I was expecting a magazine full of Predator stuff. However the work by Joe Dunaway on Nairn's Death Warrior is superb. The detail of the assembly and paint job is terrific and will be invaluable for completion of my ongoing project. Joe is a member on this forum and goes under the username of mangrasshopper. Check out his website for some amazing work (this probably isn't news to most folk but I've just discovered it).
BTW the rest of the magazine is terrific too, so all in all I'm not sorry about the £10+ I dropped on this purchase.

I sent them an email:
Can you tell me when issue 62 Predator special goes on sale?
Is it available in the UK?
If not do you deliver overseas?
If you do how much and how long will it take?

Extract of answer:
On sale now.
Yes it is available in the UK but limited.
Yes, we deliver to overseas with subscription or single issue.
For $20.00 S&H included for a single issue.and we accept paypal to info@kitbuildersmagazine.com Subscription is available on our website. Ships first class or priority mailer, usually around a week or so.

On occassion my foreign subscribers get their magazine before the US subscribers - That might be your problem.

I received my copy about a week after ordering as promised.

Oh, ok. Well, I'm not a subscriber, I was hoping to order just one or two issues. I sent them an email, so hopefully I'll hear back soon here. Dying to get my hands on Joe's article.

I'm not a subscriber either, just wanted the Predator issue. However there's plenty of other superb articles to read and there's hardly any adverts. If I was more of a kitbuilder and lived in the US I'd probably subscribe.
Enjoy.

Thanks for the tip on emailing them. About how long did you have to wait for a reply back once you intially emailed them? I sent a message as soon as I read your first post, but haven't heard back yet.

Justin
I sent email on 5th Aug and got an answer 3 days later on the 8th. So you should get a reply tomorrow I reckon.

Well, it's been almost a week since I sent the initial email, and there's still no word back, so I just sent a follow up. I'm a little unimpressed with the response time, what with having to wait so long for Issue 62 to even come out, and now having to wait to hear back from them to even place an order. Here's hoping for a prompt response, *crosses fingers*

I'm sorry to hear that and you're right, not very impressive. Since you're in the US why don't you try contacting them by phone. Good luck again.

I came across this site by accident and it might be of interest to any Uk'ers wanting a copy of Kitbuilder Issue 62.
Kitbuilder in UK
I paid $20 to have it deliverd from the US so £8 + £1.50 postage from the above is a bargain. Wish I discovered it earlier and I could have saved some money.

I finally heard back from Barbara, what a relief! I'm ordering two issues, both 61 and 62, because I'm interested in his write-up on his Wolf buildup. I'm really anxious to take a look at the process for both, I'll have to post my thoughts when I get my hands on them.

I finally got both issues. A while ago, actually. Very detailed in the way he lists off the process in which he went about describing his buildup. My only complaint would be that there weren't enough in progress photos, but it's also probably a good thing. May run the risk of just copying what he did by staring at the photos. Awesome write-ups, very impressed!

I finally got both issues. A while ago, actually. Very detailed in the way he lists off the process in which he went about describing his buildup. My only complaint would be that there weren't enough in progress photos, but it's also probably a good thing. May run the risk of just copying what he did by staring at the photos. Awesome write-ups, very impressed!
Glad you got them OK. I was rather naive in thinking issue 62 was totally dedicated to Predator, but I still enjoyed the Predator and other articles anyway. I would have preferred more progress shots, but you're right anout the temptation to blindly copy. Joe's paintjob and Narin's sculpts begger belief.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back