kingdom hearts terra armor foam build W.I.P

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by krispikarim, Sep 16, 2015.

1. krispikarim

krispikarim Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

For past 5 years ive been wanting to build my own terra armor ever since i saw it in kingdom hearts birth by sleep, and I've finally decided its about time i do this build, so i started 2 weeks ago. I'm building the entire suit out of eva foam, and I've been creating my own patterns, so far i have almost the entire torso done, and the abs articulated, and once i finish all the foam fabrication, all the pieces will get coated in mod podge/ pva glue, then i'm going to coat it in resin, so that i can sand it, and when i paint it i get a more metallic look, rather than more foamish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EJxR9OnmLQ

this video is a quick explaination of the suit
    IMG_1198.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender (2).jpg

2. Khaylain

Khaylain New Member

Looks good so far. Would like to see more progress-photos as you're getting things done.

3. krispikarim

4. hannathing

hannathing New Member

I'm excited to see how you handle the helmet. This looks amazing so far.

krispikarim likes this.
  5. krispikarim

image.jpeg im almost finished with the helmet, just gotta make the visor, but i put that cardboard strip, just to get the silhouette hannathing

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  6. krispikarim

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg so here are pictures, in a random order, of my final steps in finishing the suit, i will be making the cape and the keyblade for upcoming cons. Sorry I haven't posted that many updates, I've been really busy.

Attached Files: